WTB Starquest

gst4g64

Would I be able to drive back?

Just checked out your for sale thread and thats a nice car! 6000 Is about $1000 over what I have total to spend. I'll keep your car in mind.

Edit: Just noticed the Fiji Car says sold. hmmm What do you have?

Edited by gst4g64

BTW: Are you the one with the post on craigslist as well?

Did you see this one in butler?

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/2167404599.html

When I bought mine a year or so ago, there where three on craigslist; I bought one, phishfud bought another, and the third went who knows where. Since then, there has only been a couple that popped up..and the post was gone in a day or so. So jump on one when you can because they are getting way too rare and desirable to be picky anymore.

kev

BTW: Are you the one with the post on craigslist as well?

Did you see this one in butler?

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/2167404599.html

When I bought mine a year or so ago, there where three on craigslist; I bought one, phishfud bought another, and the third went who knows where. Since then, there has only been a couple that popped up..and the post was gone in a day or so. So jump on one when you can because they are getting way too rare and desirable to be picky anymore.

kev

I do have a WTB on craigslist. I saw that one and believe it is the same person who posted a couple days ago saying the rocker panels are gone. Also it's an automatic. I have an nice 86 but the frame rail is gone. I would really like a daily but as you said they are rare so I'm trying not to be too picky. I also have a 92 vr4 project and a 2000 eclipse that was stolen/recovered that needs a bit of work. I have been looking since 2007 but back then I only wanted an Atlantic blue (talk about picky LOL). I would love a complete driver, The Fiji with 97k in PA with a bad clutch looked like a great prospect but the owner hasnt posted any replies... Honestly if I could find a roller with good undercarriage Id go for that at the right price.

Oh and if I were in the market for a conquest now, I would be highly interested in this one. Bangor, PA is only 4.5 hours from Pittsburgh (I grew up in that area).

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=114192

I'm using a PS3 to respond so that last post should have came before yours. I'd like to get that... He hasn't responded on here. Maybe Ill try to call him.

Don't be afraid of the auto quests. I always said that I'd never buy an AT conquest: but like you, I was looking for a non-rusted good condition driver. I found my black 88 with only 80K and AT. I snapped it up. I LOVE the car! I have all of the parts to convert it to 5speed but I have zero desire to do so. It's a perfect daily driver and cruiser. And it is NOT slow...it pulls just as hard as a 5speed. Being an 18 year starquest owner (all 5 spds), it took a little to get use to the shift points on the AT but once you get use to it, it is just as fun to drive.

Sounds like you should pick up Phil's car! It may be a little out of your price range but you are purchasing a car from a long standing starquest owner who you know addressed any issue the car may have had and maintained it properly! You'll blow that extra grand by buying any quest from a less experienced owner; just to fix it up properly.

Do you want to sell that 86 you have?

BTW: Did I run into you years back at a car wash in New Stanton (I had a white 87 back then)? Your list of cars sounds familiar.

kev

Don't be afraid of the auto quests. I always said that I'd never buy an AT conquest: but like you, I was looking for a non-rusted good condition driver. I found my black 88 with only 80K and AT. I snapped it up. I LOVE the car! I have all of the parts to convert it to 5speed but I have zero desire to do so. It's a perfect daily driver and cruiser. And it is NOT slow...it pulls just as hard as a 5speed. Being an 18 year starquest owner (all 5 spds), it took a little to get use to the shift points on the AT but once you get use to it, it is just as fun to drive.

Sounds like you should pick up Phil's car! It may be a little out of your price range but you are purchasing a car from a long standing starquest owner who you know addressed any issue the car may have had and maintained it properly! You'll blow that extra grand by buying any quest from a less experienced owner; just to fix it up properly.

Do you want to sell that 86 you have?

BTW: Did I run into you years back at a car wash in New Stanton (I had a white 87 back then)? Your list of cars sounds familiar.

kev

Phils Fiji thread says it is sold so I'm not sure what hes offering. I am not really looking to sell atm. I don't believe I've been to a car wash in new stanton and I just recently got the vr4.

I am in the market for a Starion or Conquest near Pittsburgh PA . Please let me know what you have. Thanks

Hey Dude, I just found this today. It's approx. 3-4 hours from you (about 40 minutes from me) Not sure what condition you're looking for but it's a start :) I traveled over 6 hours for my "basket case" a few months ago, so this doesn't seem too bad.

Click Here

Edited by natallica

Hey Dude, I just found this today. It's approx. 3-4 hours from you (about 40 minutes from me) Not sure what condition you're looking for but it's a start :) I traveled over 6 hours for my "basket case" a few months ago, so this doesn't seem too bad.

Click Here

hey, its only 1hr 15 from me lol.

must not be to far from hagerstown

though it looks like it has some damage in front of the taillight

There was a guy on the Allentown craigslist that was selling one up in Scranton PA in Fiji Blue too. It looked like the hood was peeling in the pictures. Just be patient. I looked for one on here and craigslist for about a year and settled for one that needed a bit more work, but I'm having fun fixing it up. It's kinda a bad time of year to get a car like a Quest too. Springtime you'll probably see some more pop up.