shelby i need you or any truck NA g54b gurus

MontyTSI

I found an NA engine rebuilt for my truck and it says cannot exceed 5/86 production... my truck is an 88. To my knowledge they are all the same and this is incorrect. Enlighten me on the differences if there are any.

The price is to good to pass up i couldnt get the machine work done and assemble myself for less.

If anyone else wants to help please do... if you are guessing please dont reply to this thread.

very few trucks had a 2.6 in 88 nearly all were 2.0 , as was said the block could be a narrow bolt pattern , check bell houseing bolt spaceing compair'd to your old block , as for the feed back carb the 86 also had them http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

definitely a 2.6 shelby..lol, i havent forgotten everything :) the new motor is a g54b so not a narrow i just wanted to put out a feeler to cover all bases... every bit of my 14 years experience with the g54 is conquest turbo related. I plan on putting the race motor out of the tsi with the MPI junk on it this summer but i want to play in the snow and the 2 hours to replace the entire motor for a fresh rebuilt one is the way to get there for now. BTW the mightmax macrocab with 4.22 gears and mud terrains is the best snow play toy ive ever been in.

thanks!

Have them measure the center between the lower bellhousing bolts, there was a narrow block 2.6 also.

Like Indiana said there were 2.6 narrow block engines used in the automatic trucks up to 86. They are usually heavily discounted because there is zero demand for them as they will not fit the more common wide bell housing.