to swap or not to swap

stupid fast

ok guys ive been debating if i should do the swap with 4 options:

-built the g54b w/r154 tranny

-4g63 w/ r154 tranny

-1jzgte

-2jzgte

my budget is 4000 and i do have some connection for parts and a fresh race prepped r154 tranny at my work place http://www.marlincrawler.com/transmission/rebuilt-complete/r154-2wd-race and another hookup at Driftmotion.com for JZ parts. my question is, is it do'able to do the 1j or 2j for under 4k or am i better off just building the g54b (have a spare motor on the side). im very new to starion stuff but very familiar to the 4g63 but more likely leaning towards the g54b then the 4g63 swap. any input or comments would help me out OH! and horse power goals are 450+

4g63 would probably be the easiest - straight forward 450hp easy on stock bottom

1jz - tad bit different you will have to fab things but you can get everything for around $2000(complete swap)- you will spend money on misc crap

2jz - probably better bang for your buck but same rules apply for 1jz

g54b - 450 hp - its like this "cube inch or cubic buck" you can do it but for under 4k and be reliable is questionable.......mpi/standalone/misc supporting mods

I bought a complete 1jz swap for $1800 - sold the tranny to a cressida guy paid 650 for it bought an r154 for 300. Walbro/intercooler-misc piping/time/and emailing the hell out of MATT/supporting mods ~280(1j)hp ---320(2j)hp drop in.

Its up to you really - I personally would not throw money at the g54b- as the $$/hp is not worth it. IMHO

Edited by supturbo

My opinion is the G54B is not worth the time and money. Ive had a conquest since I was in High School and always had problems. No doubt I love the car and it was a good first car but the motor is not worth the time and effort put into them. I just bought a 2jz for mine and within the next couple weeks should be getting started on my project. I say go 4g63 or 2jz...

• 3 weeks later...
i will be getting a 2jz in about a week cause i have to get rid of a 2zzge that i had picked up for my mr2 project. where is everyone buying they're 1j 2j from? i know there are a couple of jdm engine places online that will do free shipping but not very sure about the quality of the motor if compression is all there and if its missing parts. Edited by stupid fast

• 2 months later...
I'm nem to the conquest seen. I just baught two cars one runs the other doesn't most on this site seem to have a lot of nolidge. Should I build the stock motor or do a 4g63 swap. With that being said I have a 4g63 t 7 bolt that needs to b rebuilt. Don't want to spend a lot but want to most for the money and want it to last due to I'm going to drive this car everyday once its done. Need some info please

HATERS!!

I'll throw my G54 vote out there. Sure it can be frustrating and a serious pain in the tail. But if I wanted a supra, eclipse or vette I'd have one ;)

The challenge is half the fun of these cars imo

HATERS!!

I'll throw my G54 vote out there. Sure it can be frustrating and a serious pain in the tail. But if I wanted a supra, eclipse or vette I'd have one ;)

The challenge is half the fun of these cars imo

This. I love the G54B. It's way more satisfying when your sohc junk motor toasts some evo or gnx that's supposed to be fast. Worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok guys I just got a 4g63 to swap. What do u think about a is300 tranny behind it with bills bell housing adapter. Going to tr to have it done by july 1st forf the pf run. I'm making a custom intake manifold so I won't have that issue need so advice. I have two conquest when I get the 4g63 done on one the other will b for sale if anyone is interested