I've got the 'roids

Komeuppance

Nope, not either kind of 'roids you're thinking of... LOL...

I've finally succumbed to Android (cell phone operating system) by way of an HTC Incredible... for... $free.99. I've tried to justify sticking with Windows Mobile beginning in 2005... a couple years later, the Iphone came out. I liked all the cool new features, the apps, and the speed of the thing. But I didn't like Apple. Meanwhile, I had some apps on my WinMo... zero games... and it was buggy as hell. Eventually I broke that phone trying to take it apart, and upgraded to WinMo 6 on a faster device. Not as many bugs, kinda fast, but still not streamlined and as smooth as the iPhone. I stuck with it for two years, had it hacked and tweaked with software from other WinMo devices... but it still wasn't fast. I even convinced the wife to go WinMo, on a higher rated device... that's been a mistake I've been hearing about for a year now. I went to check when they were going to release an iPhone for Verizon and discovered the iPhone's arch nemesis, Android.

I am very resistant to change, but when I saw a buy one get one free deal I decided to investigate. Upgrade both of my lines for the price of one, hell yes. I saw the capability of Android OS, it was more powerful than the smug iPhone. I then saw a dyno app available for Android, I had to have it. I was about to close the deal on the BOGO offer, but then saw Worst Buy was giving them away for free... dealz for dayz.

It's been a week now, and I ordered an extended battery the same day and hacked the software the next day (I was debating on if it was worth it). I am amazed at the 3d capability of this thing... and the speed... the glorious speed!! No longer will I have to press a key three times before a response!! No more call answer delay!! No more web browser crashing when more than 3 images are displayed!!

So, if you're still on WinMo... I feel your pain. I don't care if they claim WinMo 7 is going to be great... it's still crap compared to Android.

If you haven't yet, I encourage you to get the itch, get on the juice... and get some 'roids.

-Robert

Man you know you're a nerd when you read this thread title and immediately think " Oh, Andriod thread?"

Glad to hear that! I'm more and more inclinded at times to ditch my Iphone ( I have the 3G and ever since they released the 4.0 OS patch the thing LAGS - why is my CELL phone LAGGING?! )

Man you know you're a nerd when you read this thread title and immediately think " Oh, Andriod thread?"

Glad to hear that! I'm more and more inclinded at times to ditch my Iphone ( I have the 3G and ever since they released the 4.0 OS patch the thing LAGS - why is my CELL phone LAGGING?! )

Yeah, I've heard of the 4.0 crapping out. Switch to Android while you still can retain your sanity!!

-Robert

Robert, can you pass along the name of that particular app?

Thanks,

Turborusty

aDyno, I'm using the free version. It's pretty sweet, haven't completed a full test in my car yet but I am anxious to. If anything, it's like an advanced butt dyno. LOL... if I wanted to write a dyno app, I'd name it butt dyno.

-Robert

check out tikl talk or tikl touch. its a free two way app for android users to use like the nextel phones. it goes over data and there is a little lag between the two phones but its free and comes in handy sometimes instead of texting or calling.

I just ordered a HTC Incredible today after my Palm Treo Pro running 6.5 locked up yet again while playing solitaire. I've been sorely disappointed at the utter lack of support Palm had for the Treo and having to result to numerous registry hacks to get it running to a marginally acceptable level. Never again!

My manager has had a incredible for 3 months now. He haaaaaaaaaaaaates the thing. Always dropping calls, freezing up etc. My droid on the other hand is legit, no major problems really other than the battery life. Tikl is really cool

I just ordered a HTC Incredible today after my Palm Treo Pro running 6.5 locked up yet again while playing solitaire. I've been sorely disappointed at the utter lack of support Palm had for the Treo and having to result to numerous registry hacks to get it running to a marginally acceptable level. Never again!

Haha, I hear you... I went through WM2003, to WM5... then WM6 to WM6.1...

My manager has had a incredible for 3 months now. He haaaaaaaaaaaaates the thing. Always dropping calls, freezing up etc. My droid on the other hand is legit, no major problems really other than the battery life. Tikl is really cool

Hmmm, I haven't had any problems yet... what version is he running 2.1 or 2.2??

-Robert

I've had my Inc since release in June. I've been very happy with it and use it non-stop. I have probably 50-60 different apps. and keep adding. Battery life for the stock battery using it fairly heavily is about 6-12 hours. That is the only negative. I purchased two spares on Ebay for $10 which also included a wall charger and other accessories. I could go on and on. I think the people that are unhappy with it wouldn't be happy with anything and if there is an issue with the phone take advantage of the warranty. That is what it is for.