I Hope I Didnt Buy A On Its Way Out Conquest

Funsockstv

little advice on big sound systems and batterys , the car battery is not built to operate high amp loads while the engine is runing , that is the job of the alternator , standard automotive batterys are not made to discharge and recharge a lot of times but to stay fully charge'd all the time,, if your planing on operateing the sound system with the engine off, you might need to go to a marine battery they have a much greater recharge life

and a min 100 amp alt is a must

I don't know about that Shelby. It all depends on the size of the system you intend to install. I have a mediocre system running 2 in dash DVD player, replaced all stock speakers I could reach, installed 1 500 watt amp and 2 10" subs. I've been running this setup for a couple of years now (long enough that the sun has dried the carpet on my sub box to the point it just breaks apart when you touch it) and I'm not running a marine battery or a 100 amp alternator. The only thing I HAVE done to compensate is install a 1.5 farad capacitor on the audio side. That is something that I believe is 100% necessary for ANY system. If for no other reason than to keep the spikes down and keep the alternators load steady instead of jolting it every time the thump hits.

I'm in agreement with alot of other guys who've posted so far. Reliability, smooth idle, fixed leaks, etc should take precedence over all "modifications", be it audio, performance, etc.

Read the FAQ, get your car running right, and then dive into mods.

That 1.5 farad cap is doing the same thing a better battery or a bigger alt would do. 6 of one, half dozen of another. All of those things take stress off the electrical system.

Maybe he already bought a marine grade battery and that's why it was $200? Higher end batteries like Optimas and the like can run that much if not more.

Yes but adding the cap is a whole lot easier and cheaper than getting the alternator conversion done. And I know the other batteries are higher end but that's an awful lot to dump at once when the car isn't running right in the first place. Like everyone else has said, get her running right first THEN worry about audio and electrical additions.

Just To Get One Thing Straight The Audio System Was 100% free my friend let me go through his shop and take what i want and that is what i did so the only other money i "wasted" was towards the new muffler and also the neon in the trunk thats it the system was a gift from a friend i have the 6 stock speakers that came in the car then i added 4 more 6x9s and 2 tweeters and one sub all running off 2 amps no capcitor though

Just To Get One Thing Straight The Audio System Was 100% free my friend let me go through his shop and take what i want and that is what i did so the only other money i "wasted" was towards the new muffler and also the neon in the trunk thats it the system was a gift from a friend i have the 6 stock speakers that came in the car then i added 4 more 6x9s and 2 tweeters and one sub all running off 2 amps no capcitor though

Oh, welll in that case ignore the posts that responded to your earlier statement of ...

I Bought an 86 TSI not running at the time for $1700 Spent Money on a Mas, Alternator, $200 Battery, New Muffler, All It Need To Run Was The Mas But It Still, She Has A Extra $1000 Out Of My Pocket Mostley Visual, Fogs, Sound System