re-locate battery to pass side

slydogg

anyone move the battery to the left, i'm goin' mpi and don't like the thought of a battery behind me.

Why? When properly installed it's not going anywhere. Besides it's moving weight from the front to the rear. Right where you need it, over the rear tires for more traction. Our cars are a 53/47 weight balance. Evening that up a bit with a rear battery isn't a bad idea.

i agree, i wouldnt want the battery in the same compartment im sitting in. ive had a battery literally explode not to mention the fumes. others may disagree but i would rather make the intake pipe come out where the stock one does and have it follow between the radiator and the engine and have a 90 going into the intake.

Yah, put it in the back pass corner, it will fit with a little sheetmetal removal.

http://webpages.charter.net/catsamuel/DCP00784.JPG

Nice...I like that setup....with a proper install it could look factory back there..

i agree, i wouldnt want the battery in the same compartment im sitting in. ive had a battery literally explode not to mention the fumes. others may disagree but i would rather make the intake pipe come out where the stock one does and have it follow between the radiator and the engine and have a 90 going into the intake.

Haven't you ever heard of battery boxes? You can buy SFI approved boxes from any performance retailer like Jegs for example.

SFI certified boxes are sealed enclosures with a vent tube for exterior venting of fumes. SFI boxes will also contain battery explosions and meltdowns. They are mandatory in many racing classes where the battery is located inside the vehicle. With a proper installation worrying about the battery being inside the cabin is needless parinoia.

Or you can get a gel cell like mine. They dont weep fumes or leak.

when they first came out, there was a comercial where they took a used gel cell out of a cadilac, shot it with a 44 mag, put it in and started it up just fine.

There are also some nice racing batteries that can be put back in the trunk.

could a battery fit if u have a ABS delete? Or is that to much heat from the turbo.

Yes you could with a slimmer batt and some heat shields but why would you want to? The batt is weight that cannot be removed so it's best to re-locate it to a place where that weight will be most effective.

You know that professional racers run their batteries out back. I know alot of Formula Drift guys that run it in the trunk along side the fuel cell/ tank. Most often the battery is out in the open with just good battery tie down brackets, sometime they're enclosed in their own box.