89 SHP UNMODIFIED

BAGLEY

That's the thing, I can't do anything with the car because I'm 31 hours away from the car. I'm in camp Pendleton, California and the car is in mobile, Alabama. The car is just literally sittin at my moms house. She doesn't drive because she is afriad of wrecking the car. So until someone buys it, it's just gonna sit in the driveway

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe your pictures don't do the car justice. Wash it in and out(perhaps a wax coat) ...and take good pictures....not cell phone pictures. I don't know about mint condition; but I remember the pictures the previous owner had up on craigslist about 4 months ago and for sure it looked beautiful. In your defense, for sure it's not a mint car...people sometimes forget it's a 21 year old car that has been driven (not kept in a crystal box)...and again, if it was MINT...you would probably be asking over 8k for it; as I've seen with other fellow members here (like the blue 88 in CONNETICUT for 12.5K ; or the yellow 89 beast that sold about 2 years ago for 14k) So, for a mint car....it's required MORE money. I don't think your asking price is unreasonable, I think it's worth that much. I would recommend you taking more time to show people what you have..and be patient. Then again, in this economy; I have seen people sell Gallardos for 80k. A man's got to do what he's got to do.

i agree...

take some nice pictures im sure some can tell a with a trained eye to see all the goods and bad of the car from the picture.

My instic is that this is a great car...just because it need some touch up or other things that can be easily fix doesnt mean you need to lower the price. Over all I tink this is a perfect Conquest to just do some TLC and you'll have a 6k-7k car to who ever buy it.

This Conquest Starion are getting harder and harder to find in complete OVER ALL GREAT shape and i think prices should be going higher in the future...NOT LOWER.

4k? thats dirt for this car. In my area on craigslist/autotrader theres cars in worse condition going for 5k. modded and unmodded.

Maybe if coke got a better paying job and stop having his buddies try to bully you into thinking its garbage. He would probably say the samething everyone else is.

This is a good price for this car.

4k? thats dirt for this car. In my area on craigslist/autotrader theres cars in worse condition going for 5k. modded and unmodded.

Maybe if coke got a better paying job and stop having his buddies try to bully you into thinking its garbage. He would probably say the samething everyone else is.

This is a good price for this car.

Excuse me? Who are you?

I'll try an get in touch with my biddy who does photography and get him to take some professional pictures of the car and have him send them to me so I can upload them. I'll also get my dad to try and fix that wheel bearing. Idk ill figure some s*** out

Good for you Buddy! make sure someone washes her before the pics.

Seems like it is against the rules to Lampoon this guy for trying to sell his car.if you don't have the 4k,move along.

For coke,seems like asking 3500 for a supra with no engine or an engine that goes with it that has HG problems at 3500 compared to this car at 4k that runs,if I was you,I wouldn't say anything else as how much a car is worth.He isn't going to sell it to you for what "YOU" think it is worth.

At least his car does run and has a very unusaul interior option a swell as being a SHP car.

Like I said,If you ain't got the cash,best bet is move along on the neon.

I just want to respectfully remind our fellow members here the forum rules, as I have seen lately quite a few posts of people criticizing other peoples cars for sale and their right to ask for them as they please. This has to stop. This forum is becoming very hostile in this regard.

Please reffer to the rules below...specially #4:

Replying to a "Cars For Sale" post:

1. No hi-jacking of someone's post! Do not reply to someone's post with something you are selling - regardless if it is an item the person is selling or not. Instead, send a Private Message, or create your own topic.

"Under-cutting" another person's sale will not be tolerated.

2. Use the method specified by the seller for requesting information. If its a phone number, call it - if its an Email, Email it.

3. The "Cars For Sale" board is not intended to be used as a chat board. Limit replies to information specifically related to the item(s) being sold.

If you wish to open a discussion, use the BS board, Email or other method.

4. No "Flaming" of car prices! If you disagree with the prices or method of how the person is selling, or anything else with the "for sale" post - deal with it - take your business elsewhere - let it be.

"Flaming" posts are subject to removal.

Failure to adhere to these guidelines can result in the deletion of posts/topics and possible direct action up to, but not limited to, suspension or banning of your StarQuestClub.com account.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding!

Edited by dmdvzla

Seems like it is against the rules to Lampoon this guy for trying to sell his car.if you don't have the 4k,move along.

For coke,seems like asking 3500 for a supra with no engine or an engine that goes with it that has HG problems at 3500 compared to this car at 4k that runs,if I was you,I wouldn't say anything else as how much a car is worth.He isn't going to sell it to you for what "YOU" think it is worth.

At least his car does run and has a very unusaul interior option a swell as being a SHP car.

Like I said,If you ain't got the cash,best bet is move along on the neon.

Amazing how people are crawling out from the dark crevices of SQC to speak there opinion about something that is completely unrelated to them in every single way.

Who the hell are you and what do you know about Supras? The difference here, is I actually made a sale.

I was done posting in this thread...until I started getting attacked. Of course I'm going to come back and stand up for myself. You need to go away, this doesn't have anything to do with you. Hopefully I'll quit being bugged by this thread by you lurkers. I mean seriously...

No one's bagging on the price that I see.

What IS of issue is that the car is misrepresented.

It's not mint, and it is not unmodified. So, on those grounds, that opens up some room for questions, questions that still have not been fully answered.

Perhaps if the OP was a little more open to answering some questions, as opposed to firmly reiterating his price point, this would not have occurred.

Tim

Amazing how people are crawling out from the dark crevices of SQC to speak there opinion about something that is completely unrelated to them in every single way.

Who the hell are you and what do you know about Supras? The difference here, is I actually made a sale.

I was done posting in this thread...until I started getting attacked. Of course I'm going to come back and stand up for myself. You need to go away, this doesn't have anything to do with you. Hopefully I'll quit being bugged by this thread by you lurkers. I mean seriously...

Glad you made that sale because i wouldn't have gave u 500 for it.

case in point,my opinion on your car wasn't worth jackcrap and your opnion on his car is worth the same.

Rules on the forums exist to keep trolls like you off it.

Buck up 4k or plop it in that neon.Amazing to see long term members attack a new guy on his car.

It's not mint, and it is not unmodified. So, on those grounds, that opens up some room for questions, questions that still have not been fully answered.

Perhaps if the OP was a little more open to answering some questions, as opposed to firmly reiterating his price point, this would not have occurred.

Tim

what is it for him to say,4k firm is his price and he seems to have told all that is wrong with it and showed some decent pics.

Seems the ones who want pics will be the ones to attack him even more.

Price seems to be 4k,that is $500 less than the last 2 owners had it for sale.

No one's attacking anyone here, except you.

He stated his car was mint and unmodified. It is not. Want proof? Follow along.

1. It has an Accel coil (we'll call that a modification)

2. Accel Wires

3. Unidentified part secured to right side core support with plumber strap

4. Secondary Air Control actuator secured with bailing wire

5. Huge area of paint missing from front bumper (that's NOT mint)

6. While it does have a very rare interior package, we don't know what it looks like because it has another mod - seatcovers. Since you have oh-so-much time here, I'm sure you know all too well how this particular style of seat will come apart at the seams. A request to see it with one's own eyes is not out of line here.

The guy is asking questions that any prudent car guy would to avoid being burned. Who knows, if his questions were answered properly and promptly, he may decide that it is worth the asking price.

Believe me, Coke, and Minagera, and myself have been around these cars for a real long time. We know what happens to these cars, we know what breaks how, and when we ask a question, we are asking it for a reason. If you expect to have any sort of enjoyable future here, I'd recommend you back off. Pulling up tough with senior members isn't how we roll here, and until you build up a good cred, your tail is skating on pretty thin ice.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tim

I second these lucid statements and Might Turbo MightMAX needs to chill out. Things are tough out there for jobs and these flamming remarks will probably get your tail in trouble. I would stick to the car market and leave the job market out of these discussions. UlrichWolf and Coke clearly had unanswered questions. Plain and simple.

Kind Regards,

Slim Jim

mrvwbug

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Bagley, I take it you joined the Corp and this is the reason you are moving and need to sell. You do know the military will ship you personal belongings, including a vehicle, don’t you? Is Camp Pendleton your duty station or are you there for training? Don’t you know anyone in Bama that could store the car for you. The reason I point all this out is the difficulty in selling it right now.