Coolant All Over My Passanger Side Floor

Side-Swipe

As a temporary fix, you can bypass it completely. Coolant runs into and out of the cabin from the engine bay right at the back of the throttlebody. You need to find some way to connect the two engine side hoses so they do not go into the firewall.

Why is temporary? Why cant i run that permanently?

Why is temporary? Why cant i run that permanently?

because its a rigged way of doing it. Now if you never care to use your heat again, and could really care less about the function of everything in the car, and want to save maybe 20lbs for some reason or another, you could pull the heater core/hvac unit out from under the dash and completley rid the car of it.

But...I prefer to have my stuff work properly. Its not a racecar. On the street the miniscule weight savings isn't worth it. And, if its cold, you have heat.

because its a rigged way of doing it. Now if you never care to use your heat again, and could really care less about the function of everything in the car, and want to save maybe 20lbs for some reason or another, you could pull the heater core/hvac unit out from under the dash and completley rid the car of it.

But...I prefer to have my stuff work properly. Its not a racecar. On the street the miniscule weight savings isn't worth it. And, if its cold, you have heat.

I've heard tale of folks rerouting their heater hoses into their AC ports at the firewall. Not sure if it really works, but you'd just have to turn your climate control to ac to get warm.

I've heard tale of folks rerouting their heater hoses into their AC ports at the firewall. Not sure if it really works, but you'd just have to turn your climate control to ac to get warm.

I've heard that too, supposedly makes it work better. But...what do you do for a/c then?

I've got a parts car that'll be headed to the scrapper soon. I have no idea the shape of the core, but if you REALLY wanted it, and wanted to pay me a little something for my headache pulling it out (instead of letting it go with the car) I would. You could then take it to a radiator shop and have it cleaned and tested, that way you'd have one ready to go in when you decided to tear into yours, so you wouldn't have it apart any longer than needed.

I've got a parts car that'll be headed to the scrapper soon. I have no idea the shape of the core, but if you REALLY wanted it, and wanted to pay me a little something for my headache pulling it out (instead of letting it go with the car) I would. You could then take it to a radiator shop and have it cleaned and tested, that way you'd have one ready to go in when you decided to tear into yours, so you wouldn't have it apart any longer than needed.

Possibly anything else on the parts car?

mine had it...lol But, then again, in FL...I don't know how you'd live without it.

i thought the same about here in chicago, but it's rare that I use the AC. At first I couldnt cause I'd over heat, but now that I'm nice and cool, I'm just used to rolling with the windows down. I actually find it annoying to drive a conquest with the windows up. Or atleast my conquest with the windows up. Idk why. Only time I've driven window's up is steady rain. even in light or scattered drizzles I'll keep it open or half open. No AC can blow at 50 mph ;)

-Justin

It could be just the hose and not the heater core. They are all 21+ years old and most have not changed the hoses.

Read this,

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=107140

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/ucw458/clutch/PIC_0997-1.jpg

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/ucw458/clutch/DSC03486.jpg