My dogs killed a possum!

Last night around 1AM I heard alot of rockus and barking from my dogs. I figured they were barking at the racoon or the possum that like to frequent our yard. But we just went outside and found the carcass of a rather large possum. Neither dog, the "muttweiler" or the cocker spaniel have any signs of bites or scratches. Should I worry about rabies? :unsure:

hhmm, shots, yeah. It's been a while. I'm gonna have to take both of them in to the vet. LA vets are no joke. I took the cocker spaniel in two years ago and came out with a $700+ bill! :blink:

I wouldn't worry about it. Not alot of rabies stories in the LA area. If you're really worried you can take the carcas to animal control and they can test it.

I threw the carcass in the trash, was already bloating. The kids were bug eyed over the carcass so I had to get rid of it.

lol its a girl but she is very protective she is a white shepherd it was not a pretty sight she was covered in blood since her fur is all white.

I also have boy even he is scared of her its amusing when he backs down from her being the same size

Edited by demonquest22

possums are nasty but the dogs should be fine. Ive heard stories of people kicking dead bloated cows and have 2 or 3 possums climb out the rectum. They crawl in there and eat the dead cow from the inside...... :wacko: :blink: