how 2 dis-connect factory alarm

JayR_NYC

Both of your doors and your hatch have "reed switches" which cancel the alarm. They're "c" shaped white plastic jobbers that sometimes come off, especially if you've ever used a slim jim to get the car open. Pull the door panel(s) and look around the lock cylinder. It should be obvious.

Unplug the horn for it there are two and the alarm horn is separate from the cars horn. The alarm horn is that one by the air cleaner.

at least I'm 99% sure it is

the crazy thing is that ripped the wires off cuz i was so mad that the s*** didnt want 2 turn off...i know bout the door lock dis arming the alarm...i did that and nothing...and yesterday after work it did it again...so i unplugged the battery...but i heard that theres a relay 2 unplug 4 the alarm

the crazy thing is that ripped the wires off cuz i was so mad that the s*** didnt want 2 turn off...i know bout the door lock dis arming the alarm...i did that and nothing...and yesterday after work it did it again...so i unplugged the battery...but i heard that theres a relay 2 unplug 4 the alarm

The only way I know to shut the alarm off and still be able to start the car is by inserting the door key to disarm it. To try and disable it completely involves a whole lot of disconnecting of wires. It's all in the Starquest Factory Service Manual Volume no.2. If you want to attempt to do all this...Good Luck. Myself,I will continue to use my Ignition key to disarm it. I checked, the Alarm system is connected to the ECU and ETACS and there is no "one wire" to disconnect it. It is a series of wires that go to the Door locks, Rear hatch,Hood,Lights,Horn and Ignition. If you can figure it out, your a better man than I.

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

I had a similar problem last year on My 89 Quest. There is little sensor under the hood, above the coolant overflow bottle area that was the culprit. It's housed in a rubber sleeve. I simply unpluged it and the problem stopped .

I had a similar problem last year on My 89 Quest. There is little sensor under the hood, above the coolant overflow bottle area that was the culprit. It's housed in a rubber sleeve. I simply unpluged it and the problem stopped .

That is the Hood Switch. I guess it could be a stuck open circuit and that is what is causing his problem???

CALIBER 308

can u get a pic so i could see what ur talking bout...please

I had a smililar problem a few years ago, I had an aftermarket alarm installed and the stock anti theft alarm kept going off every time the passenger door was opened.. I disconnected the horn but the headlights would pop up and lights would blink still, I cut the hood switch and trunk switch wires and it would still do it sometimes when I opened them. SOMEBODY herre told me to CUT a certain wire in the ETACS unit under the driver seat and since then, the anti theft has not bugged me ever again..