oil leak

miamipops

Looks like oil leaking from rear of valve cover not 100% sure. It seems to be dripping down onto the trani bell housing. I recently changed the valve cover and I had to cut some interior parts of the velve cover to make it fit. Should I have replaced the gasket? It seemed good enough to reuse. Is there a spot where silicone may have to be applied? Checking all options before I buy another gasket for valve cover. :blink:

Silicone has to go on the rear cam plug and i also put a touch at the rear valve cover where it meets the cap corners.

Dad

:) personaly i lay a thin covering of atv on the entire valve cover gasket

watch out for over tightening the cover bolts,, they will pull down so far that the cover can crack or bend ,, just snug them do not tighten them real hard

The radius of the rear cam tower cap and the gasket and the valve cover do not all stack up and make a good seal unless you let the gasket find its own position in the groove of the valve cover when the cover is bolted down. Its not the cap is wrong or too short or the gasket is wrong. If the seal is old then just seal up part of the groove in the valve cover first then lay the gasket in the crack and you can test fit it but since you can't SEE back there that makes is harder. Get a small mirror and look. You can always just run a bead across the top of that cap back there but be careful so there isn't too much and it just mash inside and a big piece get pinched off.