Hey Meth Heads!

I've been running a progressive water/methanol system from AEM for a while now. Did the install the same time I dropped the HX35 in. I have it set up to start spraying at 7psi and max spray at 20psi (which I never see). Using the 315cc/min nozzle and running a 50/50 mix. I advanced the timing 2 degrees across the board over 5psi and leaned my AFR to run 12.0 at WOT. I'm not really running this to try and make big power from it but more of a safety net.

I was warned that I would likely get a stutter or cough when the mix starts to spray, and I do ... sort of. Right about 10psi at any RPM I get a quick but fairly hard hiccup, then after that it's good. I am also having serious issues running boost over 14psi. 15+ and it completely falls on it's face, bucks and cuts out very bad. Forehead off the steering wheel bad. Datalogs don't show anything so I'm assuming it's the spray that's causing this? The car runs flawlessly until I romp on it.

I've read through a lot of other sites on the subject and decided to see what you all have to say. Some of your experiences/advice with H20/Meth injection are much appreciated!

Do you have the ability to add a very very slight spray earlier on? My though being the blast of spray at the higher level is causing steam and putting out spark.

Next though is have you tried only adding it up higher?

Talk to chip isn't he running wat/meth injection?

I can adjust where it comes on from 0-12psi and max up to 30. The AEM manual said it should start to spray at 1/3 max boost pressure so as is I am coming on a little late. Might try lowering that to 5psi. I haven't played with the boost for full spray. May try moving that to 30 so it sprays a smaller amount where I'm running.

Yeah I know Chip runs it. Maybe he'll chime in. I know others run it too.

Lepore, Charlie where ya at?

I was initially perplexed at your topic title...

-Robert

me too i thought he was going to go on some rant about the crackheads that think they are electrical engineers.

I can adjust where it comes on from 0-12psi and max up to 30. The AEM manual said it should start to spray at 1/3 max boost pressure so as is I am coming on a little late. Might try lowering that to 5psi. I haven't played with the boost for full spray. May try moving that to 30 so it sprays a smaller amount where I'm running.

Yeah I know Chip runs it. Maybe he'll chime in. I know others run it too.

Lepore, Charlie where ya at?

Why don't you just remove the system water/meth temporarily and see how she runs, I have ran an hx35 over 25psi on an all stock motor and fip, msII, and stock dist no problem just 91 oct

ps that turbo starts coming on strong over 20psi

Why don't you just remove the system water/meth temporarily and see how she runs, I have ran an hx35 over 25psi on an all stock motor and fip, msII, and stock dist no problem just 91 oct

ps that turbo starts coming on strong over 20psi

that's a good point make sure it is the water/meth that is causing it. Because if it does it without it then you know it's something else.

OK you said your AF look like 12 at WOT What do they look like down low? New though it the injection is making it to rich causing the hickup. Try bringing it on later. OR do you have an EGT gage? Set a warning threshold and use that to activate the system. Then it is a safety net system like you want. Edited by jszucs