Magical BOV

SuperSteve57

ok well earlier i was chasing civics around town and my BOV was working fine, But when i get back in my car about 15 mns later it dosnt work. like WT? i checked the vac lines and even unscrewed the cap,,, and nothing. can anyone help. i have the vac line ran from the cruse control vacuum line. :huh:

There's 4 vacuum ports on the throttle body that face your driver side strut tower. 3 in a row and one underneath those 3. You want your bov to run off the port closest to the firewall in the row of 3.

if yours is a 5 speed car it will have a bolt plugging a hole on the manifold, remove that and install a nipple there and run your BOV from it. use a nice size line and give it a good strong vac source it doesnt share with anything else and it will perform and respond much better.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/vcyberbob/Decorated%20images/TB-62.jpg

it also runs neatly down the side of the valve cover.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e82/silverquest/BlackQuest/car042.jpg

i surched EVERYWHERE today for the nipple. i looked in advanched auto,orielys,auto zone,napa, and carquest. i thought for sure i could get one at napa because we sat down and looked it up in the cataloge, so i give him my number and told him to call me if he could get it in. he called back and said he had "Struck out" i was like is that good lol. he said no that that part has be named obsolete. so can one of u guys get me this peace and i pay you for it and you ship it down? that would be great. i did get the BOV working though. line on the buttom of the TB came off.

i surched EVERYWHERE today for the nipple. i looked in advanched auto,orielys,auto zone,napa, and carquest. i thought for sure i could get one at napa because we sat down and looked it up in the cataloge, so i give him my number and told him to call me if he could get it in. he called back and said he had "Struck out" i was like is that good lol. he said no that that part has be named obsolete. so can one of u guys get me this peace and i pay you for it and you ship it down? that would be great. i did get the BOV working though. line on the buttom of the TB came off.

Napa has drawers of nipple/barb fittings. It's not car specific. Do you have a sears hardware? they also have drawers of them.