Roller Rocker Arms

I've been searching for a while but my results have been pretty vauge. I'm Looking for the vehicle that I can get 1.6 Ratio roller rockers from. So far all I've gathered is a 3.0 Dodge Caravan with the 6G72 engine... I couldn't find specific years from when to when at all. I could be wrong though. If any one can clear this up for me and possibly share some information on these elusive suckers I'd be really grateful :D

Thanks in advance!

-Chips

Be VERY Careful, there have been some nasty failures with the rollers.

Dad

Any links? I've missed those reports. I've personally had two failures with slip rockers, one where a rocker just broke, and one where the slip surface began to dig into the cam lobe. I've also been sold a cam that had horrible lobe damage from the slip surface not "slipping", but digging in. I'm interested because I'm cam shopping again and I'm trying to decide whether to have a 292 roller ground or just revert back to slip rockers and install the 292 I have. My car is a beast with the 292, but I don't want to give up the roller smoothness. I'll start another thread.

Yeah whats the diggety with the Roller Rockers I just picked up a set myself and I want to use them but don't have a ROLLER Cam, just ordered a TEP 274 Hydraulic cam but unsure if to use the rollers, find myself a set of Flat Hydro Rockers or go back to the Mechanical Rockers..

Do the roller rockers have a "V" casting on top portion of them? youll see the mark very clearly if its there.

Daniel

Do the roller rockers have a "V" casting on top portion of them? youll see the mark very clearly if its there.

Daniel

I do see the V on the side not on top lol I glanced at them quickly the other night..

Edited by VICE

No I don't see any marking on these.

if you dont see a "V" on them then dont use them. From what i was told, those wont work, and will cause nothing but problems.

Daniel

• 3 weeks later...

Are you going to get a roller cam? The lobe profile is wrong on the mech/hyd cams. I used rollers on a 274 hyd cam for a bit but took them off because I didn't want one to break and noticed a little loss in low end torque when compared to stock slippers.