Holset Turbine Wheel

psu_Crash

Since I had oil leaking form the return line I had to take the whole turbo out to get to it. When I took it off the turbine housing this is what I saw :blink:

Took me by surprise! Immediately thought @#$! because if plugs looked like that I'd be sure it's very lean. Then I remembered the water/meth injection that I've been running recently. Think that's the culprit? It's the only logical explanation I can come up with anyways!

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3584/hx35whiteturbine.jpg

Wont burning coolant show the same thing? I for one have the same problem or did...havent pulled downpipe back off to check but my plugs were ghostly white. My afr shows that i never get lean like that though...and im not losing coolant :S

Wont burning coolant show the same thing? I for one have the same problem or did...havent pulled downpipe back off to check but my plugs were ghostly white. My afr shows that i never get lean like that though...and im not losing coolant :S

Yeah coolant will show up like that. Spraying a washer fluid/HEET mixture into the intake must do kinda the same thing. I don't lose a drop of coolant so I'm sure that part is good.

I'm a total noob with the H20/Meth injection, anyone who runs it see the same thing?

Joe good to know.

Thanks for the Input guys (and gals) I wasn't really worried about it I have just never seen such a thing. And a little reassurance is good for the stress levels

Tim I wondered the same thing about the wideband. AEM says it safe for the O2 though?

Edited by psu_Crash