NAZI-Fornia!! CARB BANS RACE GAS!!!!

I can still go to one of like 5 stores in town that sell 5 gallon drums of race gas, If they ask it's for my gokart or dirtbike or jet boat or anything. This isn't really that big of a deal the closest pumps that have race gas are livermore and Infineon raceway. Both of which are like 35 miles from me and not worth the drive when I can get it local in a 5 gallon drum.

also, putting a ban on racegas is not a fair analogy to the outright genocide of millions of people. you shouldn't use the term "nazi" so loosely. as it will lose it's impact. nazi's killed millions of men women and children. california want's the air to be cleaner.

also, putting a ban on racegas is not a fair analogy to the outright genocide of millions of people. you shouldn't use the term "nazi" so loosely. as it will lose it's impact. nazi's killed millions of men women and children. california want's the air to be cleaner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_Law

I find it interesting to see who just responded to the initial post as if it were fact and who actually read the notice from CARB.

There is no new law. They are just restating the existing law and I believe it is the same everywhere.

Racing fuel is still allowed to be used in off road vehicles. It has been decades since it was allowed for use in on road vehicles.

If I want to use it in my car, I go to the airport with my 5 gallon cans, tell them that it is for my plane and dump the cans in my car.

I am breaking the law doing it but it would be pretty hard to prove what fuel I have in my car. I doubt that smell is considered proof.

I find it interesting to see who just responded to the initial post as if it were fact and who actually read the notice from CARB.

There is no new law. They are just restating the existing law and I believe it is the same everywhere.

Racing fuel is still allowed to be used in off road vehicles. It has been decades since it was allowed for use in on road vehicles.

If I want to use it in my car, I go to the airport with my 5 gallon cans, tell them that it is for my plane and dump the cans in my car.

I am breaking the law doing it but it would be pretty hard to prove what fuel I have in my car. I doubt that smell is considered proof.

LOL. OMG, I just found out that $7-$8 a gallon, "off-road use only" "race gas" is illegal to use on the street. And its all

because of the tree huggers...LOL Look out Mike the sky is falling, better sent out some angry emails. ha.

Californias CARB does have some rules to get upset about like a "modified exhaust" but this race fuel thing is pretty standard every where. Its like people cant even see facts or individual issues anymore. Its all partisan idiology for every topic. Even race gas, somehow anyone who thinks that race gas should not be used be used on the street is now a tree hugging commie.

Yeah your MPG goes down, but I can still get 20+ with it if I were to drive conservatively, which I can't. I used to get around 20mpg with TBI. Anyway, that's about the only drawback to using it. Also if I was worried about finding gas, I'd go get a new gasoline tune, then just switch back when it's available.

There may be suppliers near you and that's great. I'm not saying nobody should run it. I'm just saying for me it would be impractical. My closest sorce is 40 miles away. So that would turn my daily driver into a rarely driven.