CLUTCH PROBLEM

NEED SERIOUS HELP...I PUT A STAGE 2 ACT XTREME CLUTCH THAT I HAD ON MY 87 MAZDA B2000 PICKUP...TRIED 2 CONVERT IT INTO A 2.6 STARION IN THE PICK-UP...AND THE PICK-UP WAS NEVER FINISHED...SO I BOUGHT A 87 STARION WITH A BAD CLUTCH...SO I PUT DA ACT CLUTCH...2DAY I BOUGHT THE SLAVE CYLINDER THAT WAS DAMAGED...BLEED THAT OUT OF THE PUMP 2 TAKE OUT ANY BUBBLES THAT MIGHT BE IN THE MASTER CYLINDER...AND STILL WONT GO IN GEAR...

I WANT 2 KNOW REALLY IF IT COULD BE THAT PRESSURE PLATE 4 SITTING 4 SO LONG LOST ITS PRESSURE..SO IF THATS Y IN DOESNT GO IN GEAR... PLEASE SUM ONE HELP ME... THANX

Edited by JAinsworth
Skirting the Language Filter

First, caps lock is right to the left of your keyboard,

BY not going into gear do you mean that you cannot physically put the car into gear or that when you let the clutch out it is not engaging. The clutch is for a starion/conquest?

Pressure plates don't lose pressure unless something is broken, if the PP is in good shape then it should be fine.

Describe your actual symptoms. If it's running and you can't get it to go into gear you may still have air in the line or you need to adjust the clutch free-play at the clutch pedal.

I looked and ACT has a different pressure plate for a 87 b2000 and an 87 Starion. What about the throw out bearing?

Yes, chances are you have a mis-match of parts. It sounds like the pressure plate is different, and you may have the wrong release bearing in there too.

Will it go into gear with the car off and not using the clutch?

YEA..IT GOES INTO GEAR WHEN THE CAR IS OFF...I HAD A MECHANIC THAT HAS A 88' CONQUEST AND HE PUT A PENNY IN FRONT OF THE BEARING AND ITS MISSING CENTIMETERs OF PRESSURE THAT DOESNT LET IT GO IN GEAR...BUT HE TELLS ME THAT IM PRESSURE PLATE HAS NO PRESSURE...SO 2DAY I CALLED A GUY THAT FIXES PRESSURE PLATE AND MAKE REGULAR CLUTCH INTO BRONZE CLUTCH RACING SPEC...AND TOLD ME THATS ITS A HYDRALIC PROBLEM NOT A MECHANICALY PROBLEM..MEANING THAT I HAVE A BIG BIG BIG AIR BUBBLE IN MY CLUTCH SYSTEM... FEED BACK WHEN IM DONE... THANX GUYS 4 THE HELP

I looked and ACT has a different pressure plate for a 87 b2000 and an 87 Starion. What about the throw out bearing?

ITs A MAZDA B2000 WITH A STARION ENGINE...I PUT A 89' STARION ENGINE INTO MY 87' MAZDA PICK UP...MY MAZDA IS A METALIC ROYAL BLUE-PURPLE...HOT COLOR...AND DECIDED 2 DROP THAT ENGINE INSTEAD...MAZDA/MITSUBISHI SLEEPER...AND WHEN I ORDER THE ACT 4 PUCK CLUTCH...WAS 4 89' STARION...ALL THE PARTS R THE SAME