Destroker kit?

mark458

it came in 83-85 mm and d50. also in some ford rangers from 85 and 86 if i remember. there is a crank on flea bay now but it is way overpriced. the rangers were diferent too they were a serpentine belt vs a double v groove pulley. now if you think for one second that starquest parts are hard to find,,,,,good luck my friends they are out there but in alot fewer numbers. and there is also its bigger brother the 4d56 it is only used overseas. it is a 2.5 and i think the bigger displacement comes from the heads not the cranks. enjoy hunting.

can that serpentine setup be swapped over? That would be BA...lol

why not do as sugest'd , 2.4 fit'd with 2.0 DOHC heads

the lower the cids the less the low end tourqe staying with at least 2.4 would give you the best of both , and very good top end breatheing ,which any SOHC head would not give you

why not do as sugest'd , 2.4 fit'd with 2.0 DOHC heads

the lower the cids the less the low end tourqe staying with at least 2.4 would give you the best of both , and very good top end breatheing ,which any SOHC head would not give you

i think the idea is to get the stroke down as far as possible so we can rev to the 7-8k range while keeping a sizable displacement/stock form engine ect.

if i were to do a 4g swap thats exactly what id do though.

i think the idea is to get the stroke down as far as possible so we can rev to the 7-8k range while keeping a sizable displacement/stock form engine ect.

if i were to do a 4g swap thats exactly what id do though.

destroking the engine will make the displacement smaller.

yes but 2.3 is alot bigger than 2.0(4g63) short stoke but retain large bore.

thats why you go with the truck block 2.4 that shelby was talking about. A 2.4 with all the DOHC/turbo stuff will still out wind a 2.6.

i knew there was a difference on the 83 injectors and heads but i thought the 4d56 was in the head and the pump stroke. hasn't the 4d56 been updated to a common rail diesel too? than there is the 4m40,,,,,,

4m40 is pretty old, it got up to 3.2L common rail and I'm not entirely sure Pajeros still use it, the new ute/light truck 2.5L diesel engine has 132kw (177bhp) but I haven't had a decent look at that yet. Of course none of this is of any use so back on topic.

There are no diesel parts that will swap, none.

not even the crankshaft? if the bore spacing is the same and the bore is the same theres no reson it should be able to be used right? unless the berrings are different.

i see reverse flow with teh head but youd never use a diesel head for a regular motor anyways.

thats why you go with the truck block 2.4 that shelby was talking about. A 2.4 with all the DOHC/turbo stuff will still out wind a 2.6.

yes i realize this is a good combo for a swap but were talking about destroking to get 8k out of a motor, not just good flow/high hp. im no expert bu ti doubt youll get 8k with a 100mm stroke.

Edited by conquest707

Early 2.0/2.6 (late 70s) have smaller main journals, the diesel crank goes in the 2.6 block.

The 4g64 is 100mm and they rev those past 8k already and the 2.6 stroker kit is 106mm.

cool. well i guess thats answered now. thanks