1000 Pound Club

TSiGuy17

Has anyone ever tried the 1000 pound club thing? If you don't know what it is, it's where you move 1000lbs by using four different lifts. The four lifts used the most are bench press, military press, squat, and power clean/hang clean.

You add up your max rep from each one and the goal is to break 1000.

Ever do it? What were your max reps? Or did you use different lifts?

+Ryan

I hit that mark in one motion, trying to pee. You should see all the toilets I've broken with my gigantic Shlong.

On a serious note I've never tried that. I'm the kind of guy who loves to add weight until I can't move it. You can bet I'll try it someday. I've leg pressed a little over 300 before, just 700 left to go.

Edited by ucw458

Couldn't I just bench 100# 10 times? If so that's easy.

no its supposed to be your 1 rep max... take me for example:

215 lb squat + 200lb deadlift + 170lb bench = 585lbs moved

now thats not taking into effect the other lifts mentioned.. but i thought the 1000 club was for the big 3? bench/deadlift/squat

edit: My bodyweight is 155

bench 170x3

squat 215x3

deadlift 200x 3

Edited by half&half

you need to include your weight for me to be impressed.. a 200lb guy leg pressing 460lbs and benching 200 wouldnt be that impressive

im only 155lbs and can legpress 410

calf pressed 630 yesterday on the legpress machine

No you can't bench 100lbs 10 times.

Here's an example. If your one rep maxes were...

Bench Press - 250

Military Press - 165

Squat - 360

Power Clean - 225

250+165+360+225= 1000lbs

Those four lifts are the ones people use the most. And you have to use free weights, no machines.

I'm like 5'10" 175-185 or so. I can say that leg pressing 480 was easy, I could do multiple repetitions, only time I get tires is when my knees start to crackle, its harder to slowely lower the weights, that puts a lot of stress on my knees. I could probably do more if the machine had more weights on it.

200lb was back in hs, i havnt tried that since, started at 125 moved to 200 10x than 20x over 6 weeks at 2 times a week

no its supposed to be your 1 rep max... take me for example:

215 lb squat + 200lb deadlift + 170lb bench = 585lbs moved

now thats not taking into effect the other lifts mentioned.. but i thought the 1000 club was for the big 3? bench/deadlift/squat

edit: My bodyweight is 155

bench 170x3

squat 215x3

deadlift 200x 3

You can use 3 or 4 lifts, but if you use 4, you can't use deadlift.

Deadlift is an easy way to move a lot of weight and boost your numbers.

And you can't use a leg press machine for this; you have to put a bar on your shoulders and squat that bioch

That is NOT 2000 pounds.

That is 765, bar included.

EDIT: i just watched the video and I see the leg press. I've seen that before. I think the 765 pound squat is more impressive, though.

Edited by TSiGuy17

That isn't how it works.

That's why the disclaimer (the closest I got..)

but I suggest you try it... it works fine and I still fit in my close.

I'm only 5'7" 128-135lbs I can't gain any or loose any. I maxed my bench out at 200lbs maybe like 3-4 reps. I've curled a 100lbs barbell for one set of like 6. And the leg press i've done all 21 plates, and that's doing legs and calves. Granted all that was when I wasn't lazy and I was in hs or just graduated. If I tried benching or curling that much again I'd fail big time. :(

I've actually done squats like once( I was more on the cable machines) and man I tell you even though I didn't squat alot, for never really doing it before I could barely walk for the next 2 days or so. Haha I need to get my lazy as$ motivated again

Hah yeah man squats work you really hard, especially if you haven't done them in a while.

I had no motivation until I got a work out partner and we motivated each other. Then once we started to see results, that was our motivation. Now we loooovvveeeee going to the gym. Go almost everyday.

let see...last time i maxed my bench 225

never maxed my squat...but do 5 sets of 10 reps at 245

hmm military press we talking standing military press, or something else?

never maxed dead lift...last time 5 set of 10 at 185

Im 5'7 and 155

hmmm. interesting. I'm just starting to get back up to the heavy weights after some weeks of being out for sickness, work, visiting family, etc...oh yeah, and having knee surgery!!

So squats are a long time away.

Benched 235 this week as my 7th set on my first time back onto the pyramid. Been doing 3 sets of 10 on flat & 3 more dumbbell flat, while alternating incline/decline for a while now.

Military press: I've never really maxed out - don't wanna mess up the shoulders but I usually hit 3 sets of 12 using 50lb dumbells slowly with a pause at the bottom, so I'd figure at least 140 for a max.

Never gone heavy with deadlifts or cleans either - out for now due to knee also =(

I'm 5'11' and weigh 155.

Edited by mstieg

I used to work out everyday in hs. Because I was active riding bikes, skating, break dancing, martial arts, running blah blah blah. But once I got a car, job and graduated I got lazy. But luckly now Im doing mma( forsure need stronger legs) and Brazilian jiu jitsu. Now those are good workouts plus alittle weight training and cardio on the non training days I'm good. I'm only 24 yrs come next month. So it's been a few years since those days

I'm talking seated military press. But if you are going to count deadlift, then you have to forget about counting the power clean and the military press.

It's either squat, bench, military press and power clean

Or it's bench, squat and deadlift.

I'm 6' @ 175