My car's totalled!!!

Boosted77.

Well it looks like your rim came out of it unscathed :) When I lived in Atlanta, I was in an accident as a passenger where the other driver was at fault. He hired a lawyer and they told him that you get 3x the amount of the damages in the state of GA, ie Dr bills, etc.. so the lawyer made him see a Dr, a therapist, and he got a good chunk of change out of it. That was about 10 years ago so I dont know if those laws still apply today.

Well I actually found out 2 years ago that I have scoliosis of the spine. Which explained why I have such bad back pain at times. I should see my chiropractor asap.

Yeah I know! The guy smacked me right on the wheel and didn't even scratch it! It had rubber from his tire on it but it rubbed right off. Those wheels are off a Panoz race car. Tuff wheels to say the least. That, I'm real happy with. I was hoping that the wheel was alright.

Just remember NEVER take the insurance companies first or second offer. Know your sht when you make calls and get estimates for repairs. Of course see doctors and get yourself looked at. You may not feel it today but you will eventually.

It CAN be fixed that's for sure. Just need to put a little time into it. Hopefully they detain the illegal for a long enough time and then drop kick his @** back over the border.

Read your policy again. I found out the hard way about uninsured drivers. In CA the max payout for uninsured driver collisions is $3500. Comp and collision coverage pick up where unininsured motorist coverage stops. Uninsured motorist coverage is through the state or something like that. When my dually service body truck got hit I didn't have comp or collision coverage. All I got was $3500 from the uninsured motorist coverage and that didn't cover the damages. It's not just about having insurance, you need the right coverage to be safe. Having just the minimum coverage the state requires often leaves you out of luck in situations like these.

Read your policy again. I found out the hard way about uninsured drivers. In CA the max payout for uninsured driver collisions is $3500. Comp and collision coverage pick up where unininsured motorist coverage stops. Uninsured motorist coverage is through the state or something like that. When my dually service body truck got hit I didn't have comp or collision coverage. All I got was $3500 from the uninsured motorist coverage and that didn't cover the damages. It's not just about having insurance, you need the right coverage to be safe. Having just the minimum coverage the state requires often leaves you out of luck in situations like these.

Read the first post again, he states that although the driver was an illegal, it was not his car, and it WAS insured

Boosted, sorry about the car, but as everyone said, it can be fixed

Read the first post again, he states that although the driver was an illegal, it was not his car, and it WAS insured

Yes I read that. But since it was an illegal driving the car and not the owner/insured driver on the policy that insurance company may deny responsebility since the illegal was not covered under the policy. Therefore it may fall into the uninsured driver catagory. If the owner of the other vehicle claims he didn't let the other guy drive it then he may not be covered by insurance. It's alot of legal BS insurance companies pull to get out of paying.

In my case if the guy who hit me hadn't admitted to having no insurance I would have had to get a lawyer and fight them to get anything. And after the lawyer fees I wouldn't have gotten much.

Welp, I've compiled well over $11,000 in receipts. Monday I have to go to the police station and get a copy of the police report. This will get resolved. I haven't worked countless hours and spent all this money to just have some random person that flashes through my life take away all this. It's not gonna happen. My old man worked in the insurance industry for years so he has been a great help too. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks for all your input. Keep it spoooled my friends. -Matt

Welp, I've compiled well over $11,000 in receipts.

Well the sucky part is if they do pay for it, since its sanded down they are gonna say there was previouse damage and

the value of the car is gonna be way way down compaired to shiny paint. I went through this once with a primered car that got hit.

Worst case scenario Matt, I know of a shell that we could make some use out of.

My parts car has good rear quarters too...

Thanks Jehu, very much. Grant said he could fix it by cutting up one of his cars. We'll see, I just got a claim # from their insurance company.

see if you can find a shop that will do the fixing you need, like a shell swap or be able to use a doner car and see if you can get an estimate from them too.

I dont know if there is a legal way to do that, that's if the insurance wont put up the 10+k for the repair

Even if they don't want to pay a $10k bill, they are kinda stuck. They may not give him $10k, but I'm sure he'd have no problem getting $5-7k out of them after they saw the $11k in receipts.

He should be able to keep his car, get a nice $5k+ check, spend $3-4k fixing it, and pocket the rest. It will be just like it was before only painted, plus he puts some money in the bank. Clean livin.

Edited by Burton

Thanks Jehu, very much. Grant said he could fix it by cutting up one of his cars. We'll see, I just got a claim # from their insurance company.

Well darn...I need the kick in the hiney to get motivated and get this car parted and moved out! lol

Glad to see you're still moving forward w/ it though.

Ewww ouch!... It's fixable. New Quarter Panel and a Control arm and MAYbe straighten that wheel and your golden.

Man that car is gonna be a mixture of three different cars now, well unless you get pure insanity to replace it with the same parts car again, then only 2 cars. LOL!