Not building any boost?

Boostedtsi

so my 88 tsi.. that i just replaced the headgasket on wont boost.. i just replaced the headgasket to ajusa and replaced the entire cylinder head assembly from hydraulic to mechanical njv head. and my car runs perfectly fine.. but when it tries to build boost it just suddenly bucks! everything is stock right now except the 14g turbo had to make everything stock for smog purposes. anyways. any idea?

my timing is a degree over..

should be 10deg berore TDC. so urs is 9 or 11? thats not bad

i didnt adj. the valve clearenve... does anyone have a procedure for mechanical lifters

it easy enough. jsut turn the motor so theres no pressure from the cam and set the screws so theres just a little friction on ur gauge (see manual for proper gap)

Ive had this happen and its was a coupler that wasnt tight enough on my hard pipes

anyway you can go to the hardware store and buy a rubber cap that fits your turbo intake. remove your intake pipe to your turbo and cap it tight. then get youll need an air compressor and blow some air into the over the valve cover pipe to put pressure into the system and then listen for a leak. you can only do 7-10 psi befor the cap blows off the turbo so if it starts to buck after that psi id just recheck all the pipes you had off. The bucking on mine was from a sudden loss of pressure after it built up past 10psi below that it was fine once i found the leak all was well