rear end lock up

kadein13

so i was driving to work and my rear end desided to look up randomly i pull in at work and look at it and my cv boot in the back is gone dose anyone know were i can get parts for the rear end and any thoughts on what else it could be would be sweet im sure it the rear pasenger side drive shaft but i havent torn it apart yet and cant for a couple days

its an 86 starion

the boot is available from autoparts stores or online.

but that sounds like a secondary issue. a torn boot alone isn't going to cause any issues.

can you describe in more detail what happened. "rear end lock up" doesn't really mean a whole lot. it can't be 'locked up' because you said you still pulled in to work.

so a after a lil more work i find that i have a bad weel bearing and shaft cuz the boot came off and i lost all my grease but the second dairy problem sound like my through out bearing came loose theres something moving in the trany and so long a i keep the clutch pushed in its fine but and soon as i let up it theres this very loud metal on metal clancking sound coming from derectly under the the car

it makes noise from the trany when its just siting if i try to drive forward i cant go over 1500 rpms or it locks up and in revers i cant go over 2000 rpms i cant figure out if its the rear axle locking up or the tranny, i ripped a part the rear end i know i have to replace the pasanger side rear drive shaft and bearings and boot but i havent torn out the tranny yet im thinking the lil clips used to hold the through out bearing came out the problem im having finding part around here in iowa is like trying to find gold in the arctic any ideas on whats wrong or places for parts would be nice