18G with Braided Coolant lines

psu_Crash

Yeah? It was sold to me as a TD06 but I didn't believe it because it measured 49mm outlet. It without question had an 18G compressor wheel in it though. Loved that turbo. Hope it's new owner is just as happy.

It is an tdo5 turbine with a 18g compressor. It spools craze quick. I will sell it back to you. :lol: Track performance is potentially slightly better than my 19c clipped tdo5h. More fun on the street but boost control and tuning the quick spool is tricky.

Yeah I just rebuilt my 18G, it's got a bored out TD05 turbine housing and TD05 compressor housing but it's TD05 all the way. That's a 20G compressor housing, I can't really tell about the exhaust side. The compressor wheel doesn't look like the one in mine, it's a little less aggressive from the front, but I'm sure inside the TD06 compressor housing it's a bigger diameter.

Are you saying you have a tdo5 (not an o5h) turbine in a over boared housing? That is a mod similar to clipping a turbine for more exhaust flow.

question what size are those fittings threaded into the coolant holes?

It is a dsm style chra. The oil feed threads are different and i believe the coolant threads are as well, from the starquest chra.

Dotted line is the 18g overlay-ed on a 13.65 second 19c 1/4 mile blast. This turbo hits full boost about 500 rpm sooner than my 19c. Still need to get rid of the 3 psi spike. Nittos DR's are no match for 20+ psi in first gear. :o

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff45/StarquestRescue/Data%20logs/18gtdo5vs19ctdo5h.jpg

I always thought the "C" wheels would spool faster and the "G" wheel would keep pulling up top? No idea what that spike is being caused by but glad to see it performing well for you, at 20+psi! :D

And believe me there have been days I would have put that 18G back on if I still had it!