Search for The Black Pearl

OBSESSIVE_ENT.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got the passenger mount off. is it me or does Toyota have these bolts torqued crazy hard but once you crack them they come off easy as pie lol. thanks BO, but here is the weird part the bolt pattern on the auto flywheel is it the same as the bolt pattern on the 154??

ok finals are almost over and the divorce is underway, its a mad dash to get The Pearl running before shite hits the fan. tonight i bang out the tunnel, drop the 2j in to size up mount placement and do some fiberglass work on the rear speakers.

as for the harness im sure i will need to keep the ignition wire, the alt power wire, the starter ground wire, the oil gauge wire, and maybe the temp gauge wire. before i cut all other wires out the harness please tell me if im missing anything.

over the weekend with the help of my boy Gil I got the pumkin out of the 89 the junker is comming for it fri the only thing left on it is burgundy rear interior dash steering coloum, doors rear hatch and quater windows. the tails im keeping the hood im keeping. unless you can pay pal me funds tonight or live in brooklyn it all goes on the flat bed.

by the way if i can figure out this 5sp fitment i have an auto trans that i wong need.

no disrespect spicer but i dont let people know where my batcave is. also you have the moniquier newbie so realy that instill confidence

I hear you and I can understand that you can never be too careful (pm'ed you my #). I may be a newbie to this forum but trust me, I'm Old School. I may know you or we may both know the same pepole. GL with the build.

• 2 weeks later...

ok just wating for the shop to get the fittings for the season. fuel lines ac lines powersteering lines and oil lines are set to be made.

i took the stock ignighter out and i assume we dont need anything from there.

the oil gauge will be routed around to the side

the next purchase is the fan relay then the intercooler then the modded shaft then the new bell and clutch kit. im gunning for late july :)

• 2 weeks later...

well no money so progress is at a stand still. while im at it I want to put the ecu harness hole in the firewall and start the wireing (yes im keeping the AC) Serpent Bo Lad or anyone could you tell me (as it isnt in any post that i saw) what wires need to be matched? I have a bit of free time in the am hours and since i cant do much i will tackle the wires

one issue i have is the suport bracket for the downpipe on the twin turbo setup hits the k member. I will try to raise the engine a bit tonight. It also looks like I will have to get tubular rods and weld them to endplates instead of Lads version. Question that suport bracket for the exhuast is it really needed (mind you eventually I will go single).

thanks again yall

oh yeh my homeboy Gill found a place to do the drive shaft mods for about $75 bucks.

ok so the e10 connector didnt come with the engine (dang it) so im on the hunt for one in the mean time been getting things together under the dash I intend to cut a hole somewhere near the break booster and have the ecu put in the dirvers kick pannel.... also if i can I will hack that ear off the down pipe so i can mock up these motor mounts.

• 2 weeks later...

ok back to the wiring.... I figured that the igsw line need to match the pin on the supra ecu as well as the batt and ground leads from the stock wires. what im confused at is the double pin out for the fuel? I think these are the only three lines that i have to use the stock wires for.

I will tackle the AC power in on another day.

the to and from ac lines, power steering lines and the evaporator lines have been retrofitted by my buddies at Sunrock auto in queens. im off to SK speed to figure out the fuel in line as im following Serpent's lead and using stock return. up next as in purchase is intercooler and the modifide bell for the 154. im going with a ACT stage 3 clutch seems as if these things only hold around 500 and there is some big money clutch called the v160 that will hold more.

we will see....

• 3 weeks later...

ok been busy busy busy but here it is...

the E10 connector came and I linked up everything I could needed or not needed. some of the wires from the harness had two sets of the same color code and im assuming that means they can be tied in together (ex ample the batt had two sets of black w/yellow stripe.

a good portion of the higher E10 numbers were blocked up so i have a few extra wires dangleing.

I lengthened the four wires from the high low A/c fitting since i moved the canister to the passenger side.

pictures on the way and i will explain myself better then.

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz159/obsessive88/oe008.jpg

the brake lines that i have to figure how to join

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz159/obsessive88/oe015.jpg

e10 wires temp connected

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz159/obsessive88/oe016.jpg

for some reason the pulley looks a bit off

look ma no welds... hung the intercooler with L brakets and flat aluminium lolhttp://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz159/obsessive88/oe017.jpg http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz159/obsessive88/oe018.jpghttp://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz159/obsessive88/oe019.jpg

Edited by OBSESSIVE_ENT.

Geez I feel like a student in a kung fu movie. Serp Lol its comming to come as my father would say. Money is the issue lol not to mention that this is my first major job and I'm also working on the interior and audio( check out stereo modifications).

Did you see my question about the wires? Also the PS pulley looks twisted to you?

yeh the abs is gone. the question was...

the E10 connector came and I linked up everything I could needed or not needed. some of the wires from the harness had two sets of the same color code and im assuming that means they can be tied in together (ex ample the batt had two sets of black w/yellow stripe.

a good portion of the higher E10 numbers were blocked up so i have a few extra wires dangleing.

the juice goes in to the ecu from where? the fuel pump wires im at a loss with. after i get it all good then i will solder it permently