HALTECH TUNERS HELP NEEDED.

Hey guys i need some serious help for tuning my starion. I finally got my mpi starion to start but wow it is a pain in the back to try and tune my car. I will be honest i know how to work on cars mechanically but tuning a stand alone ecu i have no clue thats why i need help. I got it started but it idels to rich and i lean the ecu but it still rich to the point that the car is spiting fuel through the exhaust and cant get it to run right. HALTECH TUNERS HELP? I have been doing this for a while already and i want my car to run so i can drive it before i go on another deployment. this is my dream guys i really need help.

i will let u know what i have on the car so you know and see if you can help me.

wiseco 8.0:1 pistons .020

race preped rods

stock head

stock cam

distribuitor w/vac advance

19c turbo

delphi 95# injectors (i dont know if it is an overkill for the car)

bosch 300lph fuel pump

magna manifold w/stock fpr and 5.0 TB

jet valve Elimination Kit

Balance shaft eliminated

Haltech Platinum Sport 2000 ECU

Dawg to the rescue..........

Check and adjust your zero-throttle map. And check and adjust you coolant temp map. It sputters and pops when you hit the gas, because it is too lean at that time. You need you richen up your fuel maps below boost (atmospheric). To get a good base line fuel map, remove a IC pipe and do some driving and tuning. This way the turbo does not boost, and you'll be in better control, and you don't blow up your engine.

thanks dawg at last somebody helps me well i will do that tomorrow to see how it works and i will let you know how it goes. If i unplug the vac advance do i have to lock the distribuitor or can i just leave it unpluged and it will work just fine. And also should i get smaller injectors cuz my friend is trading me his 850cc injectors for mine but i dont know if i should do it cuz i want to be able to tune it pretty good with does injectors so i can switch to e85 but right now i need my car running what do you think? Edited by hiko_seijuuro

I would most defiantly go to the smaller injector. I not sure about converting it to e85. I have not researched it. 850 is still a pretty big injector. You are going to have to lock the disturbutor. The weights will effect the timing as well. I disassembled my disturbutor, removed the weights and added a washer in between the plates to lock it in place. Once you remove the center bolt, it will all make sense.

ok i guess i will have to lock the distributor is there a topic in here that says how to lock it step by step? i know most people here will say to look in the forums but can anyone show me the right direction. about the injectors well im going to have to find a way to be able to tune it with the 95# cuz i dont have mony to buy a new set of smaller injectors.

I'm not sure if there is still a topic on here or not. I remember posting a picture to one about 5 years ago. Just so happens I still have that picture.

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL1039/1790846/9871119/193467035.jpg

Remove bolt "C", remove part "B", remove weights, insert washer between plats "A" & "B", reinstall bolt "C" using loctite, once bolt is tightened, dist. will be locked.

Edited by TopDawg_43

thanks again dawg great info and working as fast as posible to get this done also one question if i put an aftermarket FPR and by lowering the pressure do you think i will be able to tune the big injectors with the car ? right now it has the magna stock fpr and its readin 40psi.

thanks again dawg great info and working as fast as posible to get this done also one question if i put an aftermarket FPR and by lowering the pressure do you think i will be able to tune the big injectors with the car ? right now it has the magna stock fpr and its readin 40psi.

It's hard to say. You'd have to do some R&D and see.