Cuban Cigars

Killtodie

You can get "Cuban" cigars in the US at a few places but they are rolled in Florida and I think they pale in comparison to the real deal. If you know someone in the military they might be able to get them and send them to you. You'll have to check on rules for that but I'm sure it's possible.

Just have one of our Detriot members drive across the Bridge to Windsor and have them pick them up at a smoke shop. Tell them to wear something with pockets ( cargo pants/ jacket) as they are less likley to search ones clothes than car or baggage. If the are found they are conficated, but no charges. Then have them ship state side or pick them up at a meet.

Just remember, they are very expensive in Canada. I think I paid $20 each for some R y J's

I'd say 99% of cuban cigars are over rated and over priced.

what kinda smoke do you like?

I've smoked a lot of cigars and pretty much all of the REALLY good stuff was bought at a store or ordered online. In other words, non-cuban

I'd say 99% of cuban cigars are over rated and over priced.

what kinda smoke do you like?

I've smoked a lot of cigars and pretty much all of the REALLY good stuff was bought at a store or ordered online. In other words, non-cuban

True, there a waste. My co-worker is from Cuba and he smoke cigars daily, i don't see the need to get them over there unless you want them bc there actually rolled in Cuba. Alot of cigars you can buy here in the states have cuban tabacco in them. Also you need to know what flavor your into, just cuban is pretty broad.

Edited by boogie

Yeah, you need to know what flavor your into - darks, mediums, lights - the calibers that you enjoy, etc. I had a guy in a cigar store give me and a friend a crash course.

I mean, I say at least smoke a cuban once in your life, just to say you have.

Yeah, you need to know what flavor your into - darks, mediums, lights - the calibers that you enjoy, etc. I had a guy in a cigar store give me and a friend a crash course.

I mean, I say at least smoke a cuban once in your life, just to say you have.

honestly, if you want a once in a life time smoke, go drop some cash on an Opus

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewCigar.asp?brand=305

I freaking love these things... but don't have the kinda cash to smoke 'em like i want to. Diamond Crown is also really good, i think they use the same filler as the Opus, but a different wrapper. there is also a perdomo reserve champaigne thats really good and not that expensive. (my fav normal smoke)

And honestly if the person you are looking to buy the Cubans for a gift is an avid smoker, then they would probably enjoy a Cigar they like more than if you just dropped a bunch of cash on a Cuban.

They're over rated. In my wrecklyess youth, I wasted a lot of money on Cuban's. You can buy American brands that are just as good and better. My sister went to Cuba via Central America and came back with a ton of Cubans. She brought me some Cohibas and they were good.

I know of a Cigar shoppe in Hollywood that carries them, at an average of $50 a cigar, I'll just wait till my sister goes back again.

honestly, if you want a once in a life time smoke, go drop some cash on an Opus

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewCigar.asp?brand=305

I freaking love these things... but don't have the kinda cash to smoke 'em like i want to. Diamond Crown is also really good, i think they use the same filler as the Opus, but a different wrapper. there is also a perdomo reserve champaigne thats really good and not that expensive. (my fav normal smoke)

And honestly if the person you are looking to buy the Cubans for a gift is an avid smoker, then they would probably enjoy a Cigar they like more than if you just dropped a bunch of cash on a Cuban.

I'll give them a shot sometime - I'm still feeling out what kinds I enjoy ( caliber, color, wrapper, etc ) - it's a rare occasion for me to smoke them - more of a luxury type thing.

Edited by Fanta