Exhausts Anyone

jolyrgr

I have been talking about these for a while now (some of you saw the prototype at Nationals), and they are finally ready to sell. Full mandrel bent exhaust systems in 2.5" and 3" sizes.

The 2.5" systems are available in aluminized and 409 stainless, and go from the turbo all the way out the back of the car (no muffler). The 3" is available in 409 stainless only (for the time being) and start off with a 2.5" flange connection at the turbo, expanding to 3" immediately. This was done to facilitate a full gasket seal to the turbo, as well as allowing for better access to the attachment nuts, helping to eliminate blown gaskets many have experienced on other systems due to thin flange contact and loose bolts/nuts, and creating a smoother transition to the larger opening.

Both of these systems were designed from scratch, using a couple of test cars and experienced performance exhaust techs familiar with the needs of forced induction cars/trucks. These were created to be fully driveway installable, and even the greenest of shade-tree mechanics should be able to knock it out in an afternoon.

Here is a link to some of the first systems mounted...

http://img193.images...?g=cimg1548.jpg

THANKS TO SCOTTYGIBB FOR SOME OF THE PICS

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/7807/1000313sz.jpghttp://img34.imageshack.us/img34/3926/img05621.jpg

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8371/img05771.jpg

Off-road pipe and flex section are included, and a magnaflow 3" catalytic converter can be had for an easy swap from legal street to strip set-up.

2.5" aluminized can be had for $299+shipping ($30 or less to most US destinations). $100 for stainless upgrade and $135 for magnaflow catylitic converter that drops in place of the off road pipe. 1 week lead time.

3" aluminized $329. $100 upgrade for 409 stainless. $135 for magnaflow converter desighed to swap out the off-road pipe. Aluminized should be ready to start ordering after 10/20. Stainless ready for order with 1 week lead time

Post or PM any questions.

JR

OH...did I mention they are USA MADE right here in Kansas. Once they are ready, I will post a direct link to the shop website, and even make it possible for you to set up your own group buys.

Pre-cat replacement sections are in development.

EDIT: sound clip of the 2.5" driving (courtesy Maxzillian)

http://s955.photobuc...ent=exhaust.flv

Here is a revving shot (courtsy ScottyGibb)

http://s955.photobuc...nt=100_0386.flv

Edited by jolyrgr

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks good. Can I ask if you are able to do a bit of a custom work? I'm trying to explore a variant where the end of the exhaust is interchangeable so that if you really need to have a muffler you can just take off the tip and attache one without swapping the whole thing out.

While looking for a 2.5" system for one of my milder Starquests i was fortunate to purchase an early production 2.5" version of JR's system, it just great !, easy installation, the design of the downpipe in particular makes it a breeze for your typical "driveway" install. Straight through design for those (like me !) who turn your nose up at the law or swap in a cat when its time for that smog test or you got a ticket ! :angry:, Noticed a significant power increase with out any obtrusive in cab noise. It fits TIGHT and the price is RIGHT ! and made in the good ol U.s of a,it dont get better than this. I just bought a second one. Scotty. :)

Next pay check i want one if the price is better than whats out there!!! Looks great and beautiful!!! I love it!!!! Price please!! 2.5 and 3..........

BUMP!!!! I just read it again and I was so excited that I didn't see the price LOL!

I will see if I can get Scotty to get us a sound clip. From his description, it is fairly quiet till about 4k. I heard it run on my test mule, and it was quieter than the 3" I took off, and it had a muffler.

As far as the removable muffler, I am sure that all we would need is another set of flanges to bolt/unbolt the tailpipe/muffler.

I am picking-up a few systems this week, hopefully I will have a price for the 3" nailed down.

JR

Price on 3" and how about that muffler flange option?

I go to pick things up tomorrow. I will get some pricing nailed down on the 3". The last, best target was $325 for the aluminized and $125 upgrade to 409 stainless. The tailpipe mod should not be any more than $30 for the extra flanges.

JR

i like the one with no muffler just a straight pipe.. i might do that to mine someday.. but for track use only..

does it hang low.. or is it nice and snug for clearance issues

Edited by thagremlin

i like the one with no muffler just a straight pipe.. i might do that to mine someday.. but for track use only..

does it hang low.. or is it nice and snug for clearance issues

The 2 systems that I have seen installed were quite tight to the underside, while allowing sufficient room so as to not hit the floorboard. The hangers will allow for some adjustment, and the rear section is a slip-fit rather than flanged to allow for height adjustment, accommodating for the muffler chosen (or not chosen).

This system was designed to fit as close or closer than OEM. If you purchase and have any issues, contact me directly, and I will take care of them.

JR

The 3" will run $330+shipping for the off-road aluminized with no converter and no muffler. The 409 stainless is going to be the same $125 upgrade and same $135 for the converter. The shop is receiving a new shipment of the aluminized pipe next week, and I will have an idea of the lead time then.

Stainless is ready for order now, one week lead time.

JR

Oh, I was hoping you would add the flange and all

Let me rephrase.....a converter set-up that can be swapped out with the off-road pipe can be ordered at any time, including the flanges.

If you want just the flanges to do the install with your own converter at the shop of your choice, I can get those as well.

JR