questsale

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  • Model:Other

Posted 20 October 2015 - 01:44 PM

View PostD-VO, on 02 October 2015 - 11:10 AM, said:

So, the scope has crept a bit more on this project, and it will now be turning into an engine swap thread, I had to take a good hard look at what I would be able to get out of the car with a G54B in it, and all the work that would go into making it reliable, and decided it just wasn't going to be worth the hassle considering the expense. I'm going to go 1JZ like so many others here have. I'll be parting out quite a bit of the underhood stuff here in the near future.

This is what I bought from this seller
http://www.ebay.com/...i-/321877496685

Ask for the MAF to be included.
Talk to me before placing the order. The delivery company they use, Roadrunner, are s*** who hire convicts that break your s*** enroute.

#23 D-VO

D-VO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Model:Starion

Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:18 PM

I'd just as soon broker my own freight for something like that, or drive down there and pick one out and put it in the wagon.

Work has been super crazy lately so I haven't had much time to go through and list parts for sale yet. Highlights include:

Brand new built NJV head from DAD, never removed from the box. Will sell as complete package with a Brand new head gasket (the good one) and the valve cover.
Complete intake setup with 86 injectors, + boostinmini Mazda TPS kit, I will include a brand new intake manifold gasket and TB rebuild kit with this.
Exhaust Manifold + Turbo + 2.5" Downpipe Combination. Will include brand new exhaust manifold gaskets, turbo gaskets, and turbo rebuild kit. No cracks, turbo is serviceable, but could stand a rebuild.
3" Downpipe
Complete brand new timing kit + balance shaft kit
Complete brand new gasket set.
Crank, polished, 030 rods 010 mains. I think if you buy this I'll throw in the rest of the shortblock components for free.
Transmission
86 MAF + hard intake pipe

#24 questsale

questsale

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  • Model:Other

Posted 21 October 2015 - 05:51 PM

I know someone locally who just spun a rod bearing, and are looking to probably rebuild the G54B.
Can you throw together a packadge price, I'll see if they wanna go that route.

#25 D-VO

D-VO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 07:40 PM

Update to this because I randomly had the thread open, but I've got the engine and trans now, next steps are to get mounts and a clutch figured out. Work and planning a wedding has put the car on the backburner for the most part. Nice thing is I was able to rent the garage spot next to mine to park my DD inside too during the frigid Chicago winter.

#26 wrngwae

wrngwae

Always Smooth like Keith Stone

• Vendors
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 12 February 2016 - 09:48 PM

Congrats on the marriage man!!!!
1989 Conquest  MOTOR BUILT BY DAD!!!!!!!!!.20 over block. Wiseco pistons.new M28 head w/ ss valves. Holeset Hx35 at 25psi.Snow Performance Meth injection, hurricane MPI intake manifold. 750 injectors. 3" exhaust. 3bar map sensor. Ajusta Head gasket. ARP head studs. FIP updated by Scott87star to control spark, and boost. running MS2.0.6. XTD stage 3 clutch.  I'm likely forgetting something. http://www.enginemachineservice.com http://www.starquestgarage.com
Scotts the man! check out his store.  http://www.starquest...             My site provided by Natallica the sticker Guru http://nbingaman.wix.../gntperformance Posted Image

#27 D-VO

D-VO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 01:40 PM

Update:

I got married and changed jobs! Woo. I have not been spending money or time on the car until lately. Wife says I should finish it. Go wife.

Hope to be finishing up the disassembly work this weekend, a buddy helped me get the trans, drive shaft, and exhaust off the car last weekend.

Attack list this weekend:

Remove all the things (P/S lines, cruise module, etc...)
Remove the front sway bar.
Cut the rad support (no going back)
Pull the engine harness
Figure out why my shifter parts don't line up!

Next up is mounts so I can get this complain in there and start figuring out plumbing / wiring etc...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users