Verizon phones?

on4now4

well I'm looking at upgrading and finally getting txt/data but i cant decide on a phone. i have used and love the droid more than anything else they have to offer. but everyone is telling me that they are coming out with a whole new line of phones in December. i cant find anything on the Internet to support this but has anyone herd anything about it what are the phones supposed to be like?

also does anyone have the DROID what do you think of it?

well I'm looking at upgrading and finally getting txt/data but i cant decide on a phone. i have used and love the droid more than anything else they have to offer. but everyone is telling me that they are coming out with a whole new line of phones in December. i cant find anything on the Internet to support this but has anyone herd anything about it what are the phones supposed to be like?

also does anyone have the DROID what do you think of it?

This might help:

http://www.mobiledia.com/carriers/verizon/page1.html

Edit: Or not, it looks like the Q4 phones on mobiledia are all available on Verizon's website. Might want to hold out a little bit and keep an eye on that website.

Edited by 1989Quest

DROID, saw one today and listened to how he hated it and all the problems people are having with them. Touch screen phones can be frustrating too. Soon as you buy a phone a new one comes out, they come out ALL the time don't plan on waiting or you'll never get one. If you like touch get a Storm, if not the Curve is the counterpart. I hear echo problems with those palm phones.

I have a Storm and I love it! (might get the Storm 2 tho) If ur lookin for a new VZW smartphone and dont wanna throw down $200 (or whatever) I have 2 sittin around ill sell cheap! (one is touchscreen) both have full keyboards! LMK if you are interested.

Thanks,

Chad-

DROID, saw one today and listened to how he hated it and all the problems people are having with them. Touch screen phones can be frustrating too. Soon as you buy a phone a new one comes out, they come out ALL the time don't plan on waiting or you'll never get one. If you like touch get a Storm, if not the Curve is the counterpart. I hear echo problems with those palm phones.

what was he saying about the touch screen being a prob? from what i could tell it should not be to big of a deal because its a heat touchscreen so it wont even know its being hit when in your pocket.

iv used the storm and storm and storm 2 anb both seemed a little slow to me and i cant stand that moving screen.

I have a Storm and I love it! (might get the Storm 2 tho) If ur lookin for a new VZW smartphone and dont wanna throw down $200 (or whatever) I have 2 sittin around ill sell cheap! (one is touchscreen) both have full keyboards! LMK if you are interested.

Thanks,

Chad-

its not that i have a prob throwing down 200 on a phone i just want to makes sure its not the wrong one beucase im stuck with it for 2 years. but i may know someone that would be intrested what do you have?

Thanks,

Chad-

can i get some info on them

I've had a droid since they've come out. I am really enjoying it. It has a lot of cool features and it is quick. Browsing the internet is painless, the voice searching is awesome. Battery life is only about a day or so.

It is a nice phone, dont let anyone tell you different.

I forgot to mention that the video playback is crystal clear. I am waiting on a flash player for the android OS so i can hulu it up all day at work.

I found a program to convert video files to a certain dimension then you just transfer them to the 16gb card.

Again, nice phone. :)

I forgot to mention that the video playback is crystal clear. I am waiting on a flash player for the android OS so i can hulu it up all day at work.

I found a program to convert video files to a certain dimension then you just transfer them to the 16gb card.

Again, nice phone. :)

as mentioned above do you have any probs with the droid pressing buttons well your on the phone or well its in your pocket? also do you have to manually lock it or does it auto lock after like 30 secs or something? i couldent figure that out well i was at the store. and how much txt/data do you use in one day that it lasts a whole day?

as mentioned above do you have any probs with the droid pressing buttons well your on the phone or well its in your pocket? also do you have to manually lock it or does it auto lock after like 30 secs or something? i couldent figure that out well i was at the store. and how much txt/data do you use in one day that it lasts a whole day?

If you tap the power button, up by the audio jack, it locks the screen so no i do not have a problem with pocket dialing people. You can also set up the timeout for it to autolock if you forgot to lock it.

I have an office job and while i am staring at screens i have my phone streaming music through a Pandora app on and off during the day along with texting and other apps running and at the end of the work day i have 60 to 70% left on the phone. I also have Bluetooth turned on all the time, so when i hop in the acura it links up with the handsfree automatically, turning it off would help conserve power.

The biggest power sucker is the screen and on wednesday at work i had the phone playing episodes of tv shows i was catching up on, about +5 hours of straight use, and i have 40% left when i left. It will tell you the percentage of the battery when you plug it in to charge and the phone is locked. "Charging (%40)".

Since wednesday night having the phone on during the days and part of the nights i have more then half left on the little indicator.

My sister in law wanted to know the nearest starbucks, so i held the search button and the voice searching activates. Said "starbucks in sioux city iowa", a couple seconds later it pops up with results of starbucks, clicking a button will then show you how to get there from your current location, based on the phone's gps, and another click will activate the navigations to get there.

Touch Pro2, end of story. Seriously. Just do it. You'll thank me later.

y? thats the one i was going to get bu when i used it at the verizon store i hated it and it runs windows. after using the droid there was nothing else at the store that looked even compariable but im watin till december to see if there is something than.

Touch Pro2, end of story. Seriously. Just do it. You'll thank me later.

End of thread right there.

Anyone who doesn't have an HTC is really, really, missing out. HTC kicks the snot out of every other platform out there.

Mmy Incite HTC programs and controls, you can find programs out there to make the TP2 do some crazy tings. Plus, because it is WinMo based it is easy to hack without bricking your phone.