91 le sabre vs. Kia Soul

movin on

I know this is cheesey, but I am still waiting on my injectors to come back. So this is what I have.

At the lights coming up to a wal-mart with my dads rusted 245k mile 91 buick lesabre when this brand new kia soul pulls up next to me and the guy looks at me like I am in his lane (he must of just realized he needed to be in the right lane to go to wal-mart). I look at him, the lights turn green and were off (he is giving it everything to get a head of me before the turn). The Kia speed demon stays next to my ancient 3.8 until about 15 mph. Then I pull away, lol. I had about a car length on him maybe going 35-40 until he realizes he is toast. Trying to find a place to pull in behind me because I think the car behind me was even with him. He lane changes like a F1 driver. Guy follows me into the parking lot driving and looking pissed. Moral of the story. "DON'T BUY A KIA"!!!

Never underestimate those old Buicks.

My old 1990 Park Avenue took quite a few scalps at the traffic lights mostly because they didn't expect the middle aged fat guy driving it was a lead foot!http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Colin http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif

Edited by colingibb

I had a huge kill list with my 89' LeSabre coupe. Even killed an 04 Ford Thunderbird. All I had was a K&N. I had a 20 car deep list but I let my sister use it for college and she thought it was just left over garbage so she threw it away. I was sooo pissed. Although she let me use her little POS truck and let's just say that truck bed didn't go un-used ;) ;)

• 1 month later...
Hahaha I was driving my Crown Victoria, with my dad and brother in it...and my dad's friends were next to us in there 370k mile early model Buick Park Avenue Ultra (series 1) and we got a light next to each other. I put a grin on my face and looked over to Sam in the driverseat of the Buick and I shout "Is that thing fast???" He goes "Let's find out!" and we both laugh with confidence. Light turned green, i mash the gas, and he does the same, leaving rubber marks off the line. Thru 1st gear in the Vic we were about dead even, once I grabbed second I began to pull on him, but it was so barely a pull, might as well called it a tie. Considering we were doing this thru the City of Lockport we decided 55 was fast enough, in a 30 zone, and we both stabbed the brakes. We then pull into a pizza joint to grab some food together and talk about that fateful race.