V6s, twin turbos, dual throttle bodies

Cobalt60

What motor are you guys talking about? I have in mind a 6G7.

Which motor they're referring to is irrelevant. If it will support your HP needs.

Throttle bodies are nearly universal in their use, so as long as it flows enough to support your needs, it doesn't really matter what engine it's used on.

BTW, they quoted DSM.......which I would deduce as being a 4g63, and mentioned Q45 also, which is an Infinity (or Nissan) V8.

Turborusty

I dont have any horsepower needs that Im worried about. My need is for an engine bay that isnt cluttered and easiest to work on.. I can see twin turbos and throttle bodies resulting in a simpler setup. But I can also see how the opposite could be true.

What about twin turbos vs a single turbo? Again, efficient use of the engine bay is the primary concern.

two small turbos would be good for quick spooling, high mid-range power, and good driveability. A big single is usually used on a v-motor when going for big top end power.

If you get the 6g72, you should put two e316g's on it and make 500whp on pump gas.

VG30dett. Errthing you tombout from the factory... minus the ease of working on lol.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-300zx-Z32-Engine-Swap-Motor-90-96-Turbo-Vg30dett_W0QQitemZ260492416212QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3ca68ed4d4

Do it.

Edited by tehzack

Why not? it'll make all kinds of nutty power. All you need is the motor, tranny and harness/ecu, then make your motor and trans mounts and get a custom driveshaft, do the exhaust and drive it around.

I was being sarcastic lol

/\ That looks awesome.

Edited by tehzack

I'd worry about completely isolating the banks on a V motor. Say one side has a weak piston or a stronger turbo, the differences between the sides could be magnified by running complete different throttle/intake paths. Sharing should help balance everything. Unless you are going to tune per cylinder, then have fun!

My Brothers 6G72 twin 60-1s in a silver 87

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e82/silverquest/3093458741_618cca7f83.jpg

Call me nutty, but I cannot imagine that engine bay looking simpler and less cluttered with 2 throttle bodies instead of the 1 he has.

Turborusty