1988 Conquest TSI RED for sale Utah

Flexer

Hey,

My brother and I have had this car for a VERY long time, but the time has come to sell it. Problem is we have been out of the market for so long we have no idea what the car is worth. I see conquest's sometimes bringing around 4k that are like ours, and some that bring 2k that are like ours. I was hoping to get some feedback from you guys on what the market might be for this car.

Year: 1988

Model: Conquest TSI

Miles on Body: 215,000

Miles on motor: 900 miles on head and valve train, and around 60k on bottom end. Fresh rebuild with all new gaskets

TONS of new maintenance things and the car looks INCREDIBLY good for how many miles are on the chassis.

Here is the mod list:

Mod list:

Super 16G turbo upgrade

Braided steel oil feed line

1G Mas Conversion fully wired and ported

Aftermarket Oil Cooler

TEP full mandrel Down Pipe

5 wire o2 sensor

Bosche BCFPR (boost compensating fuel pressure regulator)

Walbo 255GLH in-tank Pump

284 int/ 284 ex Moster Banshee Cams

Brand new MARNEL Ausi mod port matched head

Full Mechanical Rocker arm conversion

Brand new high performance valve springs

Full Jet-valve elimination

New fuel lines with fuel filters

New front gas-valve shocks

Centerforce Stage 3 Clutch rated to 400 lb feet

Lightened + balanced flywheel

New redline full synthetic fluid in the Tranny and Diff

New high flow intank fuel filter

New high flow cabin fuel filter

Interior

JBL Series II 4.5" installed in the dash

JBL series II 6.5" installed in the door

JBL Series II 6.5" installed in the rear

Comes with custom sub enclosure that will fit under the rear deck-lid at buyers request

So what do you guys think we should list the car for? We are going to list it here and locally, understanding that it will most likely sell local so we really want to ask what a fair price would be for the car.

Thanks guys

J. R.

*******EDIT******* Its 1,900 FIRM NOW OUT THE DOOR. See posts below

post-1154-125573824592_thumb.jpeg

post-1154-125573825437_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Flexer

So is this car a drivable car now as is. Could a person fly out there and drive it back home across country? I dont see why it wouldnt bring $3500 easily.. Nice list of mods you got there.

Steven

So is this car a drivable car now as is. Could a person fly out there and drive it back home across country? I dont see why it wouldnt bring $3500 easily.. Nice list of mods you got there.

Steven

It needs new tires on the back....but yah I guess someone could do that. If we found someone interested from outside the state I could take hundreds of photo's of it. We have been driving it around to make sure everything is good on it.

And yes the mod list is quite nice, and I am sure there are many things I am missing. We have put around $3800 into the car in go fast parts. The car could be parted out and someone could make some money doing that, but I would like to see the car stay whole and someone enjoy it. There are not many of these cars left, and this one looks really nice. It is a very quick car. I only took it to the qt. mile track once and ran a 14.1@104. Traction can be difficult when your putting out the kind of torque this motor makes.

I guess if your out of state and interested give me a call. 801-427-2345. Leave me a message if I don't pick-up and I will call you back. I figured it would sell local but if there was out of state interest.

J. R.

Edited by Flexer

No one has called me, which I assumed would be the case. I figured the car will sell locally.

So back to my original question. What should I list the car for? I am thinking of listing it for $3,200 OBO.

Does that sound about right or am I WAY off the radar?

J. R.

At that price it will deff sell I would probably be asking 3500 or so maybe a little more an let buyer work with you on the price a bit! nice quest by the way!

Ok,

That sounds fair. I will list it for $3500 and then let them negotiate with me. Thanks 8ty8starion!

J. R.

Thanks Fanta for linking me to this.

JR, is this the car my old shortblock went into?

I can attest to JR and his brother [sorry I forget the name] being great guys, they helped me with my Starion not too long ago. Good luck with the sale gentlemen.

DAVE ITS YOU!!!!

The car is up and running again. Its great to drive it around again. I need to call you and find out how your car is coming. I have put the Lotus 7 away for the winter so no more driving for me.

I haven't really been getting much action since I put the car up for sale. I am going to wait till the spring probably and just keep it in the garage till the weather is nice. That will at least give me and my brother some time to finish detailing the interior and the engine bay. We want to make sure the care is looking its best when it finds its new home. The hope being that if the new owner see's the car as a gem, they will take care of it that way too.

Hope to keep this car alive for someone's future.

J. R.

• 6 months later...

Alright,

This has got to go. My brother has moved and we aren't going to have a place to store the car in 2 months. I have priced it to sell at $1900 dollars. Come and get it. I have been driving around the car and blasting the radio. Scared the bald tires are going to pop on me any-day now, but don't care. Fun car.....will be sad to see it go.

J. R.

Could you send more pictures to john.isley at gmail.com?

I will be doing a 1080p HD video of the car today. Showing everything, and taking it for a spin. I will upload it to my account at the user name juniorrc2003 on youtube later. Also will post a link here later as well. Just email me at juniorrc2003@hotmail.com if you have any other requests you want after you watch the movie.

Sound good?

J. R.

In response to another gentleman on the forums that I thought might benefit everyone.

The vin # JJ3CC54N4Jz029309

The body has some rust on it over the driver rear fender. Watch the video. The frame rails have no rust on them. I just borrowed a buddies wideband yesterday and tuned the car to 9 psi. It feels VERY good. It could stand to be leaned out a little more as its still in the high 10's A/F on WOT, but I don't want to change it in-case this car sells out of state and the car goes down to sea level or the new owner wants to turn the boost back up to 15-16 psi as before. I am in Utah at 4,650 feet.

J. R.

In response to another gentleman on the forums that I thought might benefit everyone.

The vin # JJ3CC54N4Jz029309

The body has some rust on it over the driver rear fender. Watch the video. The frame rails have no rust on them. I just borrowed a buddies wideband yesterday and tuned the car to 9 psi. It feels VERY good. It could stand to be leaned out a little more as its still in the high 10's A/F on WOT, but I don't want to change it in-case this car sells out of state and the car goes down to sea level or the new owner wants to turn the boost back up to 15-16 psi as before. I am in Utah at 4,650 feet.

J. R.

Turn the boost to about 10psi maybe 12. I have a S16G and it doesnt even really open up till about 10psi. Once it hits 10 its like wham mad powerzzzz!. You should be fine especially if your A/Fs are 10s. I have no problem running 20lbs with my base fuel setting at 39lbs. With the 1g Im running 10s as well even at 20lbs