MAP Boost BARO sensor.. do they exist??

MaxHeadroom

Help! My MAP sensor has gone bad and the car runs like garbage when it's unhooked. I can't seem to find a replacement anywhere. My car is an 86 Conquest TSI. Any part numbers would help. The OEM number I have from efiche is md070305 but I can't get it to cross to anything aftermarket.

Thanks for any help

Max.

Fuel tank was rusted so I replaced it along with the FP and filter. Inj were leaking down causing a crazy rich condition. Replaced both injectors. Leaky inj carboned the crap out of the EGR which we bypassed. Car runs lean with Map sensor plugged in but pig rich when its unplugged. Its the original and after the car sat for about 12 years I run it at 14psi or more. Probably blew the diaphram. Changed plugs wires air filter etc. Suggestions?

Max

The injectors will have the letter "J" stamped on the side and a few other meaningless characters, also you can use one with "H" but if either of those have "L" or "M" or "K" those are wrong and the K is very small and the L is smaller and the M is a little bigger. Its the opening in the tip that is different amongst all these the rest is the same. If those aren't known to have been recently cleaned or you just had them cleaned they aren't any better than the leaky ones you removed. Is the MAF plugged in and there are no leaks in the accordian hose from it to the compressor housing?

Yes i used 86 injectors. And we replaced the clips as well as a full gasket overhaul of the TB. I am having a professional mechanic friend of mine work on this while I'm out of town working.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I have a FSM too that we're working from to track this down.

Max

Edit:

Oh yeah MAF was a bit on the scungey side but we cleaned it up. Is there a forum on how to switch to the later DSM MAF b/c if its this thing I'd rather do some mods and spend 250 for a 91 MAF rather than 400+ for another 86.

Thanks again!

Max

Edited by MaxHeadroom

There is a rewire for the 86 to use the 1G turbo MAS yes, were those other injectors sent off to be professionally cleaned or were they just from another car? The opening in them is so large that when they are just a little bit dirty and gummed up internally since they both fire at the same time back and forth its very easy to have the wrong fuel amount dispensed. At idle the fuel ends up too much and under higher pressure they flow much much less. Gives headaches when all they need is to be cleaned. The set you had in there, since you have those send those off to be cleaned, its very inexpensive compared to the gas you'll waste on just one tank of premium fuel.

www.witchhunter.com and other places do this as well. If you have a local diesel shop they may be able to do it as well and you should get them back the next day.

Oh yeah MAF was a bit on the scungey side but we cleaned it up.

If you unplug the MAF what happens, just at idle not while driving. You may have ruined the MAF, you need one from a 1G DSM, it will have 7pins and one you don't use and just fold down out of the way. You have to mod the plug and be nice to have the 1G MAS pigtail. They might run 20-40.00