Car turns off

hiko_seijuuro

ok guys i need help today my car started turning off every time i make a right turn and it only does it when i turn right the car shuts off completely i tried to find what it is but i have no idea i did left turns, sudden stops, quick take off's and nothing but as soon as i turned right the car looses power completely and shuts off any idea what it is guys?

does it just turn off or starts loosing power gradually? ? at what speeds and how fast of a turn

sounds like the negative battery ground is coming lose, check all electrical.

possibly your PS pump is on its way out and is stalling the engine.

check that the car has oil.

Had that problem once on a Caprice Classic, it was some sort of short inside the steering column,  I assume related to the ignition.  Turn right and it would start shutting down, but if you brought it back to the left fast enough it would pick back up again.

V1 i will check ur idea cuz what your saying is exactly what happens with the car so i pray that your right cuz its driving me crazy thanks i will post again with the updates when i check the steering column. Do you remember what cables we're the ones shorting out?

I had a 87 Fiero GT and a 84 Ford LTD w/3.8L that did that same thing. It was my ignition module in both cars. The Fiero expierence made it quite easy to find on the LTD... Edited by jettajody

does it just turn off or starts loosing power gradually? ? at what speeds and how fast of a turn

sounds like the negative battery ground is coming lose, check all electrical.

possibly your PS pump is on its way out and is stalling the engine.

check that the car has oil.

X2 right turns are generally a tighter turn than left turns. Try a tight left turn and see if it does the same thing. Other than that, maybe look to see if something in the suspension is crushing a wire loom somewhere. IDK, sounds quirky....

i found the problem one of the cables from the ecu broke of enough to not make contact from one of the wires where the SAFC is connected somehow it would only do it when i made a right turn but thanks guys it is working like a champ again