17" OEM look wheels GP initiated!

sakergavin

Guys it's all about replacement options? Yes $2,600k for wheels are a bit pricey? But I recall paying $900.00 each for a replacement wheel from the mitsu/chry dealer in the 80's. The wheel was not even SHP but a standard size. This guy took the time to get these wheels done and they do look good. So if you like them? and can afford them? then get them. Otherwise keep searching for old stock 16" and have them re-done at a wheel shop. It will run you about $600.00 to refurbish them to like new condition. And on top of what it cost you to purchase the old stock wheel. I personally would have prefered them to be "18 wheels with blind bolt from behind to make them look true stock for this price. I also would have paid for them in a heartbeat. Now I have to think long and hard about getting them because of size and the studs in the front? which to me takes away from the original look of a true restoration project. (But again thats just my personal preference). If your trying to remain stock and are restoring your starquest then these wheels will do otherwise though. Again it is another personal option that is now out there for these cars. And I thank him for his efforts to get them done.

Yea, a legit 3 piece can run you that for sure, but how many guys on here do you know who actually went out and bought a set for their Quest? No one that I know of.

I did actually lol.. Wheels look great but I was hoping they would be lower priced.

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats to sakergavin for having the gumption and perserverance to see these through. Never thought I'd see a "stock" 17 inch wheel for sale for these cars. For those that can afford it, great, for the rest of us that are just trying to keep the car on the road, not so great. Good looking wheel though.

GL with the GP. Will these be available after the GP is over?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

guys 650/wheel is alot for a 2k$$$ car but they are rare and a true 3 peice wheel so not too bad.. i would like to see $500/wheel but we will see... and i plan on running 245/40/17 frts and 335/35/17 rears.. i love the way my car looks like with the stock wheels...

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o109/BoostnTBSS/a90287d9.jpg

guys 650/wheel is alot for a 2k$$$ car but they are rare and a true 3 peice wheel so not too bad.. i would like to see $500/wheel but we will see... and i plan on running 245/40/17 frts and 335/35/17 rears.. i love the way my car looks like with the stock wheels...

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o109/BoostnTBSS/a90287d9.jpg

Question , what are you planning on doing with your rear suspension in order to run 335's ? - just wondering .

BTW , I now run 315's and may run 375's n the future .

Edited by xtremeboost

I have a 9inch in the rear now.. i run 325/50/15 drag radials now and it tucks them with ease...

here is crappy pics but gets the idea thes tires are about 13.8" wide

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o109/BoostnTBSS/Starquest/LSX%20%20build/DSCI0042.jpg

ahhhh, I see . At one point I was thinking about about a 9" rear or dana 44 , I'm no longer doing it . Keeping the g54b or swapping out ?

i sent pm on these wheels no response? are they not available anymore?

He has not been on in a while. If you are serious pm me for his e-mail. If you have the bucks he could probably make you a set.

Edit, I sent him an e-mail. Maybe he will get in touch.

Edited by StarquestRescue

• 2 years later...

I never saw this thread in all my searches!! I would be down for a pair of rears in a heartbeat. Can this thread be started back up with a list of those interested so we can get this going for those of us who just want them when the time comes for payment? Its tax time and some us of will have the money for them. I was looking into a set of 17/18's so I could get the tires I actually WANT on my car and sizes that are very common unlike what we are stuck with now on the 16's. Not much choice in a 245 and only 1 choice in a 265. Not wide enough for me. Brand choices suck too. Fronts I can handle staying 16's but the rears need a change and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the stock wheels so these would work 100% for me!

Chris.

At this point I would take all 4, but Im really digging this as a perfect alternative to some aftermarket wheels I was considering. I really love the stock SHP's but hate the fact that I cant find any decent tires for them. The choices are horrendous to say the least. That and I am a big fan of having a little less tire between the wheel and the pavement plus a wider contact patch on the rear, 245's wont cut it, 265's are a start but only one good tire made in that size and they are very expensive now.

Bump for some answers!! Im sure I can get atleast one other person to get rears or all 4 if this goes through. If nothing else let me in on the company who is doing this and Ill get them done!! Hell Im in the wheel/tire business and can probably get a discount with our license.

Chris.

I'll just go for the rears only

I believe the guy is from a country far far away and I believe he was selling that set for $4,000.00 plus shipping

As a matter a fact he was also selling his business and custom wheels.

Someone here in the USA got to have a machine shop with 17" shells to make it happened

• 2 months later...

I'd definitely take a set of rear 17's if they were available. 17x9 i'm thinking.

I'll just go for the rears only

I believe the guy is from a country far far away and I believe he was selling that set for $4,000.00 plus shipping

As a matter a fact he was also selling his business and custom wheels.

Someone here in the USA got to have a machine shop with 17" shells to make it happened

where are all the cali guys at?

Edited by The Rabbit1

Why not 17x10 or 10.5. I want some tire back there. I'd be willing to get a set of rears. Full set is too expensive if its same price range from before.