MPI n00b

So I just got my modded magna and all the little goodies and I'm working on taking out the old and going in with the new. What do I need to worry about labeling? What can go and what should I keep? Things like the charcoal canister? And how do I cap off those connections? Is there a FAQ thing for this or what?

Any help will do, thanks!

Ryan

depends on what fuel management system you plan to run (and the options on that system) and what stock systems you plan to keep.

I've got FIP.. I plan on passing emissions in Washington so I want to keep whatever is necessary for me to pass. I want to keep the power steering and all that jazz but I'm wondering what happens the the stuff I don't need anymore? Like all those damn vacuum hoses, the ones that T out of the distributor and go to that little guy under the old air can? I'm sure I'll figure this stuff out as I go but for now it's just kind of bugging me. I already capped the tube that goes from the oil separator to the oil pan. What about the big lines that plugged into the old accordion hose? Things like that...

Thanks,

Ryan

i need help to i have the BBQ and the Keg of beer i have the fip as will butt i have it all most done im not getting spark so i in need of geting that work out and all the bugs to

wanna tow your car with the keg in it down to Vancouver and we can have a big bbq and fix up your problems? lol

Party at Ryan's wooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! Oh... uh... I mean... lets fix his car wooo!!

LOL...

-Robert

Hahah yeah, work on my car party! But there's no reason why we can't bbq and drink some brew while we do it!

I actually think I'm getting things figured out. Except.. those two vacuum hoses that T into the distributor hose, they go back across into the purge valve that provides vacuum for the charcoal canister, correct? What happens to those two lines? Don't you need vacuum in order for the charcoal canister to work?

Ryan

ya it hard to tow my car when all I have is sports cars i have no way to get down there or eles i will

Yeah that would be a problem. Looks like I'll have to jump in my dad's Duster and tow my car up there with all the parts in the trunk!

yeah we can do that but all i have is a one car grage so it would be tight to work but my yard is all gravel i have all the tool and some spare parts for conquest but a not a lot of work space in the grage so how many people will be there i can but up 8 car maybe

Are you converting to MPI as well?

Huh? I was told to cap it. Why can't it be capped?

Oh yeah I remember looking at that. It looks really good. What turbo is that? And where did you find that cone filter? That thing is awesome. Have you tried running it yet?