Yes another 2JZGTE

serpentkilla

Went into work a bit early to take advantage of a customer's scale. The car weighs 3,153 lbs, thats 153lbs over the stock weight. I also brought the boost down to 20psi. i tell ya what 4psi makes a big difference. Its manageable now like stock but goes like stink lmao,

dang dude. The videos are sick. It kills me to hear that sound.... I hate my motor.. lol. I'm suprized at the weight, have you taken anything out or is it still full interior?

dang dude. The videos are sick. It kills me to hear that sound.... I hate my motor.. lol. I'm suprized at the weight, have you taken anything out or is it still full interior?

Still have the full interior minus the spare. Can't wait till it gets nice out so I can see what it can really do. I will get some better vids to showcase the new set up. It has a diff sound with the bigger injectors.

Wow...The single looks great and sounds even better. I can't decide If I'm going to stick with the twins or go single.

What did you do for exhaust when you were on the twins? It looks like one of the ebay downpipes would work. Also...What did you have to do for the clutch setup?

Wow...The single looks great and sounds even better. I can't decide If I'm going to stick with the twins or go single.

What did you do for exhaust when you were on the twins? It looks like one of the ebay downpipes would work. Also...What did you have to do for the clutch setup?

Well it is a hell allot easier to go single before you put the motor in that way you can build the mounts around the waste gate flange on the manifold. If your looking to save some money and just enjoy the motor and car like i did i say just drop it in with the twins. As far as the exhaust you can make what whatever your using now work. once you get the motor in there you will see what i mean. The stock clutch set up will bolt up to either tranny (r154 or w58)

• 2 weeks later...

Serpent,

I've got the 1jz. I'm not sure what this hydraulic cooling fan crap is. I'm also not sure what to do about the power steering. It looks like only one high pressure line comes out of the pump. Also. Did you used an oil cooler or use the factory water cooled crap. I was thinking I can just block it, run a sandwhich and run a air oil cooler. I just want to gather as much info as possible before I tear into it. Thanks again.

Serpent,

I've got the 1jz. I'm not sure what this hydraulic cooling fan crap is. I'm also not sure what to do about the power steering. It looks like only one high pressure line comes out of the pump. Also. Did you used an oil cooler or use the factory water cooled crap. I was thinking I can just block it, run a sandwhich and run a air oil cooler. I just want to gather as much info as possible before I tear into it. Thanks again.

On the fan piece just a get US spec waterpump and you won't have the hydraulic cooling fan stuff. You will need a US spec pulley for the water pump. The JDM pulley isn't the same.

Never a bad idea to replace a waterpump, timing belt, and thermostat when you have the engine out of the car.

Serpent,

U can use the hydro water pump(the stock pump that came with the motor) or get the isdn one. The power steering high pressure side goes to the box then the low pressure side goes through ........ im using the stock oil cooler for an oil cooler the back to the reservoir.

On the fan piece just a get US spec waterpump and you won't have the hydraulic cooling fan stuff. You will need a US spec pulley for the water pump. The JDM pulley isn't the same.

Never a bad idea to replace a waterpump, timing belt, and thermostat when you have the engine out of the car.

True day.

So If i use the hydraulic version I can just block it off? Did you mod your stock p/s lines or get something else? Thanks.

Braden

With the hydro pump u don't have to block anything off. When u vet it running for the first time its gonna spit alot of that fluid out but don't worry about that. Like Azstar Said though its a good idea just to replce that while the motor is out. The high pressure I got made up and low pressure was just reg hose.

So the other line that goes to the gear box is just the low pressure line out of resevoir? I don't mean to ask stupid questions. Just looking at the motor I'm kind of overwelmed. I'm worried about deleting stuff that the factory ECU needs to operate. I don't think I'm going to delete anything Unless I went stand alone. I'm just worried about the nickle and dime stuff thats why I'm asking questions. Thanks for the help.

Did you have any wiring help or you just know what you are doing? I'm trying to look on different swap pages but havn't gotten much info.

What kinda beer do u drink??? Lmao. Step back and take a deep breath and relax. The wiring is really simple. Send me your emai addy and will send u what I used. Yup the low pressure out the steering box goes into the cooler out the cooler and into the reservoir.

So the other line that goes to the gear box is just the low pressure line out of resevoir? I don't mean to ask stupid questions. Just looking at the motor I'm kind of overwelmed. I'm worried about deleting stuff that the factory ECU needs to operate. I don't think I'm going to delete anything Unless I went stand alone. I'm just worried about the nickle and dime stuff thats why I'm asking questions. Thanks for the help.

Did you have any wiring help or you just know what you are doing? I'm trying to look on different swap pages but havn't gotten much info.

I have a CD with 2JZGE/GTE shop manuals.

If you'd like hit me with your email address and I will setup something where we can get the information to you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Supra-Twin-Turbo-Downpipe-1JZGTE-1JZ-86-97-88-90-91-JDM-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem255faf3237QQitemZ160519107127QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Do you think that this setup would fit?? Not necessary like "b" pipe or downpipe whatever you want to call it... Your one of the only ones that had the twins on your swap car. I also found some pinout diagrams for the 1jz...its looks like a blast : ) I'll get the powersteering lines made at a local hydraulic shop.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Supra-Twin-Turbo-Downpipe-1JZGTE-1JZ-86-97-88-90-91-JDM-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem255faf3237QQitemZ160519107127QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Do you think that this setup would fit?? Not necessary like "b" pipe or downpipe whatever you want to call it... Your one of the only ones that had the twins on your swap car. I also found some pinout diagrams for the 1jz...its looks like a blast : ) I'll get the powersteering lines made at a local hydraulic shop.

You don't need any of those, just a 45 2.5 or 3.0 inch pipe to weld and mate to the stock down pipe. It should come with the stock exhaust flange so u can use that.

• 3 weeks later...

Fix my radiator support finally, don't think it came out to shabby

The old bent up sheit

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s285/pgoombay/2011-02-27_17-47-35_130.jpg

The new

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s285/pgoombay/2011-02-27_17-47-54_786.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s285/pgoombay/550305913_photobucket_18920_.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s285/pgoombay/550305913_photobucket_18921_.jpg

Painted up for now

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s285/pgoombay/550305913_photobucket_18922_.jpg

Thinking about putting this on the hatch lid B) Im gonna paint the bishi red

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s285/pgoombay/550305913_photobucket_18924_.jpg

Edited by serpentkilla

Thinking about putting this on the hatch lid B) Im gonna paint the bishi red

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s285/pgoombay/550305913_photobucket_18924_.jpg

Or... MitsuToy

Let me know what you do so I can do the opposite! LOL

Radiator support came out nicely!

Hey... what are you guys doing with the "downstream" or after the cat O2 Sensor? Does the car care if one isn't there? My assumption is the lack of one will throw a code but other than that won't affect anything?

Or... MitsuToy

Let me know what you do so I can do the opposite! LOL

Radiator support came out nicely!

Hey... what are you guys doing with the "downstream" or after the cat O2 Sensor? Does the car care if one isn't there? My assumption is the lack of one will throw a code but other than that won't affect anything?

Nope, just the single o2 sensor (upstream). how would you know if you have a code anyways lol. The car runs fine with out it