V-cover oil coming from breather???

xspquest

Has anyone some info or solutions on how and why I have oil coming out of valve cover breather in back? And making a mess over time may I add. Info is a nvj head and other minors ( hard pipes, xsbov, msd) but mostly stock. Any help???? PS what is an easy way to check my O2 sensor(bosch 4 wire). Thanks

More boost than stock + breather=oil mess

More boost than stock + Oil Sep Can= No oil mess

There ya go

Oh yeah if your PCV is silver and not gold colored you have the wrong one...

Edited by BrazilBoy

Classic 90s mod, throw the oil separator in the trash and let the crankcase blowby pressure pass the oil out a little filter in the back or a hose that dangles where you can't see it and make a mess and loose oil. I don't suppose you know what the oil separator is do you or have those pieces any longer?

One thing you could do is go to your local Mitsubishi dealer and get a new OEM PCV valve. They are about $5-6.00 but the issue to reduce that oil loss you have is a working oil separator system whether its a stock one or one you come up with. If just left alone like you have it the side effect is oil loss and a messy engine bay but its also that piston rings seal better if there isn't pressure in the crankcase, or at least the lower the better you might say.

some oil being blown out the rear cover vent is normal and is why they use'd the oil seperator on the vent system,, leaveing the stock venting system in place and working is the best way to do this,,

air filters on the vent port is a bad idea and asking for a mess

durring boost conditions a lot of air is flowing out of that rear vent port,, and it's perfictly normal , it has to go some where or the pressure will blow out an oil seal some where ,,excessive blow by can be from a broken ring land on one or more pistons

a leak down test will find these most of the time but not always