Bigger Turbo

Bmore410_TSI

Ok, first off I'm not very mechanically sound so I dont know much.

I have everything under the hood running pretty sound.

I have a stock '89 Quest that I have been rebuilding and I'm looking to get more power.

I'm looking to upgrade to bigger turbo.

What are the pro's and con's of upgrading to a bigger turbo?

Looking for inexpensive way and easy way to boost power.

Ok, first off I'm not very mechanically sound so I dont know much.

I have everything under the hood running pretty sound.

I have a stock '89 Quest that I have been rebuilding and I'm looking to get more power.

I'm looking to upgrade to bigger turbo.

What are the pro's and con's of upgrading to a bigger turbo?

Looking for inexpensive way and easy way to boost power.

hey are you in the wooodlawn/ randallstown area? i think i seen you on windsor mill road on saturday night. i live up the street by that 711 and the exxon. i have a white too so do my buddy. i

For more boost, you need more fuel. You can get the stock turbo to boost a bit more with a manual boost controller. But you're risking going lean with too much boost.

But if you're convince with bigger turbo, a 14B turbo from a DSM will be more than sufficient with a stock car.

Yea, that would be me with the blue door. Fellow quester in the neighborhood

hey are you in the wooodlawn/ randallstown area? i think i seen you on windsor mill road on saturday night. i live up the street by that 711 and the exxon. i have a white too so do my buddy. i

How much more performance would I get out of upgrading to a 14B?

and what does DSM stand for?

For more boost, you need more fuel. You can get the stock turbo to boost a bit more with a manual boost controller. But you're risking going lean with too much boost.

But if you're convince with bigger turbo, a 14B turbo from a DSM will be more than sufficient with a stock car.

Does the ecu allow for more boost? I just got a quest and it has a bigger secondary injector. When I get around 4k rpms now it feels like its breaking up/losing power. I think its running rich. More boost should lean it out? How much power can a rebuilt stock motor handle?

Does the ecu allow for more boost? I just got a quest and it has a bigger secondary injector. When I get around 4k rpms now it feels like its breaking up/losing power. I think its running rich. More boost should lean it out? How much power can a rebuilt stock motor handle?

The Starion/ Conquest came with two stage injectors, a primary and a secondary which is bigger meaning it flows more fuel. What kind of injectors are in the car now? If you're experience a hesitation around 3-4 k you maybe having other issues, like the vaccum advance not working properly.

Yea, that would be me with the blue door. Fellow quester in the neighborhood

mine is multiport and my turbo is getting rebuild right now and my friends is doing a swap. when it is all done we going to the track you should join.