SQ meet in Apex, NC October 31 & Nov 1st

Hey everyone. I tested the waters for the past few months and think we have enough interest for a meet around the NC area! I contacted the guy running this car show for the past few years and he's given me the thumbs up for all starquesters to come as well.

It's at Jordan Lake. BEAUTIFUL AREA! Many many cars should b there of all styles. Stuff for the kids, concessions, like 10 live bands, fun stuff! Even a helicopter tour over the lake is available. Bringing a car is actually cheaper than coming without one. ZERO registration fee for each car. Here is what he told me...

Hello Robert,

All cool car occupants get in for only a $5.00 Donation per person & no parking fee! (Donations for SAVE THE LAKE)

Compared to $15.00 per person + $5.00 for parking. Come in as a group and we will park you in that order.

Love to have you, and remember, Arrive between 9:00 - 10:00 AM and get better VIP Parking.

I haven't looked around that area for hotels yet, but it shouldnt be a problem. Kinda thought about camping out at the lake also...perhaps.....if anyone's interested in that for Saturday night. Sooooooooooo......You guys said "Make it and they will come....", who's coming!

Here's is a basic description of the event

Oct. 31st & Nov. 1st 2009 that is on a Sat/Sun. 10 AM - 6 PM You are all invited to our 4th Bi-Annual Cool Car & Jordan Lake Music Festival this Fall, on Oct. 31st & Nov. 1st 2009 that is on a Sat/Sun. 10 AM - 6 PM The Festival will include 3 stages 10 live bands, Dancing, Lots of Cool Cars, Helicopter rides over Jordan Lake, A giant blow up bounce castle for all kids and some adventuresome adults, face & birdhouse painting, Assortment of Artist, food from the General Store Cafe (from Pittsboro) Pig Pickin & Masterpiece Ice Cream (creamiest in NC,) plus more!

Location; Jordan Lake Farm 1226 Marthas Chapel Rd. Apex,NC 27523 (20 acre historic farm) VIP Parking for all cool cars (Please arrive between 10:30 - 11:30 AM ) Bring lawn chairs, Family, & Kids.

And here is a link to their site if you want to see the pictures of the area!

<a href="http://www.jordanlakeartsandmusic.org" target="_blank">Link to Lake site for pics!</a>

Post if You're coming and I'll add ya to the list!

1. Robert_n_Family

2. Strickdawg

3. Shazam99

4. Vnomous1

5. Big John & TSI Gal

6. BC_99 - Running now!

7. Lives4speed - Maybe

8. Moparkid340

This is sweet. If I get to see this many running Starquests in 1 spot...YEAAAA! I had to miss PF09 ...sucked =/

Edited by Robert_n_family

Sounds good to me. I camp jordan lake about 10-15 times per year myself. I live about 45-50 mins from the lake and can probably accommodate several extra people at my house if need and we can all convoy to the area via I440/us-1 to hwy 64. basically 2 turns from my house and you are at the lake lol.let me know more about it. I am not on the computer as much as i used to be, so feel free to call or text me

Anthony

919-798-6831 cell

919-787-1292 home

I will say good luck on getting alot to come lol. i have tried setting up 3 events at nc, 1 included a jordan lake event. i had 1 person from fayetteville show up(thanks kev)

ps.ohh yeah if you are looking at staying at the lake, most of jordan lake campsites now require a min 2 week call ahead reservation to get a pot. we found this out the hard way, last time we were there lol. i normally stay at crosswinds, because they actually have a sanded beach roped off for my kids

Edited by Strickdawg

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds good to me. I camp jordan lake about 10-15 times per year myself. I live about 45-50 mins from the lake and can probably accommodate several extra people at my house if need and we can all convoy to the area via I440/us-1 to hwy 64. basically 2 turns from my house and you are at the lake lol.let me know more about it. I am not on the computer as much as i used to be, so feel free to call or text me

Anthony

919-798-6831 cell

919-787-1292 home

I will say good luck on getting alot to come lol. i have tried setting up 3 events at nc, 1 included a jordan lake event. i had 1 person from fayetteville show up(thanks kev)

ps.ohh yeah if you are looking at staying at the lake, most of jordan lake campsites now require a min 2 week call ahead reservation to get a pot. we found this out the hard way, last time we were there lol. i normally stay at crosswinds, because they actually have a sanded beach roped off for my kids

I AM IN!!! My sister just bought a new house in Clayton and I need to go see her anyway!!

Thanks!

Lori aka Shazam99

• 3 weeks later...

Rob&Fam,

I took the car out for a test run yesterday and all went well. As we get closer I will try to let you know definately yes or no on that weekend. Had some changes made at work today that is going to eat up my weekends for a few weeks at least. So, I hope that all gets workedout by then.

BC_99

BC....w00t! I wanna see that MPI! With someone close to me, with an actual working unit, I'll have one to copy from one day when I hit the lottery and can afford a magna setup!

Mopar...TY for the support!

If everyone comes that said they will, this should be a good turnout!

Robert

BC....w00t! I wanna see that MPI! With someone close to me, with an actual working unit, I'll have one to copy from one day when I hit the lottery and can afford a magna setup!

Mopar...TY for the support!

If everyone comes that said they will, this should be a good turnout!

Robert

?!?!MPI!?!?! I wish I were that far along. Im still TBI for now. Im just recovering from a year long engine rebuild, tranny swap, brake rebuild, ect....you know how it goes...get a new quest, ready to drive it, and it dumps 5 qts of oil between where you picked it up in VA. and home....then one thing leads to another....everything you take off the car breaks or needs replaced...and how many times this year did I say...well while I am at it, I may as well fix that, mod that, replace that, paint/powdercoat that...the list just keep going...lol

BC_99

Guest Kenmarrow

Hey everyone. I tested the waters for the past few months and think we have enough interest for a meet around the NC area! I contacted the guy running this car show for the past few years and he's given me the thumbs up for all starquesters to come as well.

It's at Jordan Lake. BEAUTIFUL AREA! Many many cars should b there of all styles. Stuff for the kids, concessions, like 10 live bands, fun stuff! Even a helicopter tour over the lake is available. Bringing a car is actually cheaper than coming without one. ZERO registration fee for each car. Here is what he told me...

Hello Robert,

All cool car occupants get in for only a $5.00 Donation per person & no parking fee! (Donations for SAVE THE LAKE)

Compared to $15.00 per person + $5.00 for parking. Come in as a group and we will park you in that order.

Love to have you, and remember, Arrive between 9:00 - 10:00 AM and get better VIP Parking.

I haven't looked around that area for hotels yet, but it shouldnt be a problem. Kinda thought about camping out at the lake also...perhaps.....if anyone's interested in that for Saturday night. Sooooooooooo......You guys said "Make it and they will come....", who's coming!

Here's is a basic description of the event

Oct. 31st & Nov. 1st 2009 that is on a Sat/Sun. 10 AM - 6 PM You are all invited to our 4th Bi-Annual Cool Car & Jordan Lake Music Festival this Fall, on Oct. 31st & Nov. 1st 2009 that is on a Sat/Sun. 10 AM - 6 PM The Festival will include 3 stages 10 live bands, Dancing, Lots of Cool Cars, Helicopter rides over Jordan Lake, A giant blow up bounce castle for all kids and some adventuresome adults, face & birdhouse painting, Assortment of Artist, food from the General Store Cafe (from Pittsboro) Pig Pickin & Masterpiece Ice Cream (creamiest in NC,) plus more!

Location; Jordan Lake Farm 1226 Marthas Chapel Rd. Apex,NC 27523 (20 acre historic farm) VIP Parking for all cool cars (Please arrive between 10:30 - 11:30 AM ) Bring lawn chairs, Family, & Kids.

And here is a link to their site if you want to see the pictures of the area!

<a href="http://www.jordanlakeartsandmusic.org" target="_blank">Link to Lake site for pics!</a>

Post if You're coming and I'll add ya to the list!

1. Robert_n_Family

2. Strickdawg

3. Shazam99

4. Vnomous1

5. Big John & TSI Gal

6. BC_99 - Running now!

7. Lives4speed - Maybe

8. Moparkid340

This is sweet. If I get to see this many running Starquests in 1 spot...YEAAAA! I had to miss PF09 ...sucked =/

I have your meet in mind.. No promises it just seems like a nice time of year to get out and drive... I will let you know when time gets closer... Ken

Guest Kenmarrow

Love to see ya there...and that v8 beast!

Robert,, You live in High Point and that's an hour or more from the meeting site.. I was wondering if you have an association with the ppls there?. I was looking at last years pictures and it seems like everyone knows everyone. Have you been to this get together before? How near is the closest motel / hotel, and whats around for eats. I see there's a car show listed for Sat and Sun... are you thinking about both days? Let me know whats up... Looking towards a fall meeting.. Ken

Hey.

Nah I don't know a soul there. But car people are car people, right? If I do both days, I'll probably camp there at the lake. No idea really whats around there. I just picked this event, because of the timeframe..and the location. I've been asking for something around this area for a while..and everyone said "make it and they will come". So i did. It's not far from Raleigh, which is huge. I'm sure there's good eats around here. Plus..we could just do some grilling while we're there if we wanted..right? Let me know what you're thinking..

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like fun, I should be able to make it.

AGHHH! The daughter has some kind thing going on with her cheerleader stuff on Saturday, so I will be a no show...should be good for Sunday.

OK It's close to time...can I get some confirmations if you are coming? It looks like schedules are kinda busy from the PM's and posts I received...so how about doing it Sunday?

FYI I am willing to sacrifice my holy NFL day to see and meet some of yall! :wub:

Thanks!

OK It's close to time...can I get some confirmations if you are coming? It looks like schedules are kinda busy from the PM's and posts I received...so how about doing it Sunday?

FYI I am willing to sacrifice my holy NFL day to see and meet some of yall! http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/wub.gif

Thanks!

Sounds good to me.