anyone on the p90x?

idriftnaked707

i've got a vacation to mexico coming up in december, so i see this program fit timewise to get back in shape. i am however going to add some cardio to my daily routine just to drop some extra fat. my goal is to drop 35 lbs by december, hopefully i can stick with it.

has anyone here done it completely through the entire 90 days? or is someone currently on it?

what were your results?

post pics

give details

im starting mine on monday, if anyone else is starting next week let me know.

ill post pics after the whole thing is completed by the end of november

David

i started to do it...but the guy totally annoyed me....he is so cocky and does like half an exercise then gets up and starts talking and lets the other guy and girl do everything.....so im not going to be much help on this...he does basically the same thing you would do anyway in the gym or at home with basic equipment...

I did it for about 6 weeks. Had nice gains, didn't lose any weight but I toned up noticeably. I do P90X in the winter, in the summer I train and run 5k races for fitness. Thatway I balance muscle with stamina. Wouldn't know it to look at me but I'm one of the most fit 220 pounders around LOL. I make lots of money in competitions against the swat guys because they think we HDS guys are soft HEHE

Get your diet right. DIET DIET DIET. No pop, juices etc only water. Eat as soon as you can when you wake up, this starts your burning. Eat sensable, it dosn't have to be like a monk but the better the food the faster the results. Get on a schedule wake up and go to bed at the same time everyday. No processed foods only real ingrediance. No junk filler foods like white bread, rice; basicly if your not getting something from it don't eat it.

Diet is 70-90 % of a workout depending on the person.

i started to do it...but the guy totally annoyed me....he is so cocky and does like half an exercise then gets up and starts talking and lets the other guy and girl do everything.....so im not going to be much help on this...he does basically the same thing you would do anyway in the gym or at home with basic equipment...

yea i watched the 1st video just to get an idea of the 1st workout and i did notice right off the batt that he was going to get annoying, but luckily in the main menu it gives you the option to not be able to hear him babble

Get your diet right. DIET DIET DIET. No pop, juices etc only water. Eat as soon as you can when you wake up, this starts your burning. Eat sensable, it dosn't have to be like a monk but the better the food the faster the results. Get on a schedule wake up and go to bed at the same time everyday. No processed foods only real ingrediance. No junk filler foods like white bread, rice; basicly if your not getting something from it don't eat it.

you gave me great advice, thank you. i was planning on eating only tuna and greens for about the first 2 weeks and then slowly start adding wheat bread and more greens to my diet. hopefully it works out good for me.

Thanks again

even if you mute him...you have to see him hop around and be annoying still haha....but its def all about diet and exercise december is still a few months away and its possible to meet your goal weight..its def alot easier to gain weight...but stick with a plan that fits you best...thats what i always learned and did myself...good luck with your target weight you can do it if you want too

yea i watched the 1st video just to get an idea of the 1st workout and i did notice right off the batt that he was going to get annoying, but luckily in the main menu it gives you the option to not be able to hear him babble

you gave me great advice, thank you. i was planning on eating only tuna and greens for about the first 2 weeks and then slowly start adding wheat bread and more greens to my diet. hopefully it works out good for me.

Thanks again

Your welcome. A few other important things are sleep, and learning to listen to your body. If after your workout you get the shakes really bad you need proteen. If you find one day your not making it though you need more carbs before your workout to support your workout. If you can do it something that will make you make leaps and bounds seperate your carbs and proteen as much as humanly possible. Only carbs before the workout, let them soke in for 40 min then go workout, Only proteen after a workout.

Let me give you somemore and this is a big one and often over looked. Pick something you can live with or you won't stick with it. Maybe you do really really like tuna, but if you don't that will fail quickly. I tried the killer diet regement, the longest I ever made it was 6 months and when I say killer im talking weighting each item and charting it in a log book. Now yes I made leaps and bounds in my progress but I didn't make long term progress till I found something I could live with day in and day out.

What I do is cinimon life (it's not the best but it is good for you and it's tastes awsome. only bad thing is sugar in it) Or if ive cheated and need to make up for it IE I got that maple long john or something else not good for me. I figure out how many pushups that cost me and tack them on to my next workout. OR I sub something that might not taste good but is super good for me like baby ceral (the kind you mix up from flakes/powder) That stuff is super good for you but dosn't taste good at all kinda like elmers paste. However it's rather cheep for a box of it way cheeper then other suplements and very comprable neutrients. Then insted of a "sensable dinner" I'll eat steamed vegies or something like that to "make up" for something outside the diet.

I will admit I have fallen off the bandwagon again and I am trying to get back into it. Just try to avoid anything that gets you out of the grove once you got it going. Other little things you can do are. Find little things like. When I park for work I park on a high up floor of the parking gurage and take the steps up and down. If you have a grocery store by you about 1 mile or you can drive your car and park it 1 mile away. You can use the diet you can have whatever you want to eat BUT you must walk to the store and carry whatever you by back to home or car depending on how you do it. This works because almost everything bad for you is heavy, you will have to make lots of trips, the weight of the stuff will add to your workout, and it really makes you think about what and how much you are buying cuz you can't carry everything. I have got a 500 pound friend of a friend who beged for help down to almost 450 pounds in 6 months using this.

whole grain brown rice is good for you..used to eat that all the time

i lasted about a month then i got overwelled with work and had to stop i plan on starting back up but not sure when. I didnt change my diet but i did lose 9 lbs and started to see muscle that i havent seen in 10yrs

if you have the full p90x i advise you stick to the diet that they lay out for you however it was not for me I DONT EAT FISH!!!!!!! hope you the best of luck

p.s. dont let the girls out work you haha