Rebuilders

SQF

Be it SQ's or anything else. I just have to throw this out there. When you do a frame off restoration you get the most pleasure and the most frustration. I have done two complete frame off restorations in my life. One was a Mustang when I was in High School and the other was my Jeep CJ5 that I am completing now. I have to say, chasing gremlins and ordering parts that are "OEM" spec that don't fit are the most frustrating things to run into but also the most rewarding when after 8 hours of troubleshooting and modding you get to work. Every step of the way I have hit hurdles with the Jeep. From gaskets that are billed OEM to switches that are cheap and don't resemble anything like an OEM. Tonight I mounted my windshield in the Jeep and ran into several problems. What was (in my mind) an hour procedure turned into a three hour troubleshooting chase that ended well. The Mustang and the Jeep are both parts heavy resources in the aftermarket but both have fallen short because it seems that "close" is enough for most parts manufacturers. Which makes you realize why resto and resto-mods cost so much in the sales world. I have spent YEARS rebuilding this Jeep because it was supposed to be my Jeep for life. Then I saw a picture of or daughter who is living in an orphanage in China. Now I am selling the Jeep which will be complete tomorrow in order to bring her home. I suppose it is a matter of priority. Not to get all existential but for me it is an easy decision. My years of hard work where intended to reward me personally in one way. And now it has a completely different meaning. I strayed from my original intent here but when we got a photo of our daughter it completely changed my attitude. There is a person half a world away that has no idea what her future is, we are half a world away and waiting to make that future brighter. I have a child, my child that I can not see or touch. I'm done... Sorry for the rant.

No rant that I see just a father doing what he can for his kids...Your a good dad in training.....Good luck with the sale..

~Roberto

You are too kind. That is an SQF rant at its best! As far as father in training..... Iv'e got half a team already. 11, 10, 8, and 5. I think I have passed the training phase. Everyone at work refers to us as the family with an empty nest syndrome. Ten years from retirement and we are adopting a two year old.... I had an epiphany when we watched our two year old niece this week. I forgot what troubling times we had with the others when the only words the toddlers know are "MINE" and "NO". Plus the well crafted skill of spitting milk and throwing food to the dogs off a highchair.....

have no idea what your talking about ,, being the oldest of 12 , have 2 girls , 8 g-kids, 6 g-g-kids (so far) some times i feel as tho i've been changeing diapers for 60 years

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10009/Tyler_and_Alissa.jpg

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10009/havein_fun.jpg

a little make up goes a long way ;)

Priorities in life change. We have to evolve to accept thse changes and move on. My dad in law had a 66 Galaxie 500 we were restoring. It had the 390 police interceptor motor in it and him being a cop it was kind of a "special" car. The dream was for he and mostly I to restore it and eventually give it to his grandson.

Times change and the economy sucks and we run ourselves out of time to give the car the attention it needed so it had to go. It was a sad day but we lived through it.

Mason enjoys the new pool grandpa got this summer more than the car anyway..... besides he is already telling me how to drive the SQ from the back seat LOL

SQF to be completely honest i have never did a frame off resotration,, darn near it many times but never been that far into it,,now several of my brothers have , and love doing it , me i loose intrest long befor the final touches are ready :)

one of my bro's built a brand NEW 84 chev short bed , took him 5 years and he sold it for $24k , fact is he probly had more then that in it,,but it was the doing that he love'd not the finesh'd product

me i'd rather build some thing to go out and burn up a new set of tires in 30 minutes :)

SQF to be completely honest i have never did a frame off resotration,, darn near it many times but never been that far into it,,now several of my brothers have , and love doing it , me i loose intrest long befor the final touches are ready :)

one of my bro's built a brand NEW 84 chev short bed , took him 5 years and he sold it for $24k , fact is he probly had more then that in it,,but it was the doing that he love'd not the finesh'd product

me i'd rather build some thing to go out and burn up a new set of tires in 30 minutes :)

Interesting, I would have thought you had done a resto for sure! Love the makeup and wig! I remember when Ally was about 7 she would play dressup and get so angry when we wouldn't let her leave the house with her princess dress, hair and makup on LOL.

thanks i know the pic was off topic but i had to do it,, if you took moma, son and daughters baby pics and putthem togather you'd think they were all the same kid

as for cars 4 of my brothers were all into the makeing them look like new, me i was always the make it go faster sort of guy , if i'd have stay'd arround them maybe that would have been diff , never know :)

a cousin of mine was telling me the other week i'm still some what of an urban legend arround town lol when it comes to talking about wild cars at car meets :)

couple examples were

55 ford 430 cid 3 spd

57 phy savoy 375 hp 500 ft lbs toruqe 413 dual carb long ram intake

56 dodge 426 hemi fuel inj ;) high 9's in 1/4

57 ford 312 hobby class winner for 3 yrs in a row

68 road runner 11 sec 1/4 mile stock

and many more