Injectors Reversed!!!

Jacob T Conquest

I had been trying to figure out why I was running soooooo rich and now I know!! The car had trilogy injectors installed before I got it and last night I was determined to find the cause of the problem. I was looking to find the #'s to the injectors to determin the size and decided to disconnect the secondary inj. and start her up. She wouldn't start??? I took that injector clip and put it on the primary injector and she started so I simply left them switched and she ran stoich!! The clips were replaced along with the injectors and must have been reversed when this was done!!! :rolleye0018:

The concern I have now is that I dont know how long the car has been running like this!! I know the excess fuel can get to the oil etc. so I have changed the oil and will probably change it again. What else should I check or look for to be sure this hasn't caused any other mechanical issues?? :confused0024:

Thanks in advance!!

Ray

I'd change the oil and filter as quickly as possible.

Jimmy

While I'm at it I figured I should check the injectors individually to be sure they are working properly.

What is an quick way to be sure they are both working? I thought about disconnecting the secondary and just running at idle on the primary and then unplug the primary and plugging the primary wire into the secondary injector. Would this be ok just to check to make sure they are both working?? :confused0024:

Of course I would shut of the ignition to switch the plugs!

Thanks

Ray

Edited by Jacob T Conquest

You already had them switched. If it started with the clips backwards and will start with them reversed back correctly, the injectors are working. You can check the secondary by giving it a quick rev-up. If the secondary isn't working the motor will stumble or die.

Jimmy

You already had them switched. If it started with the clips backwards and will start with them reversed back correctly, the injectors are working. You can check the secondary by giving it a quick rev-up. If the secondary isn't working the motor will stumble or die.

Jimmy

OK than it should be fine! I just want to figure out what size the injectors are? Still seem to be running rich!

Thanks Jimmy