Stutter at 4k

FLDSM88

I have been reading some of the old posts about this. If my injector clips we backwards would it cause the car to stutter at 4000k and not really build boost? I have brand new injector. I am going to test the vac advance, and put a new hose on the fuel pressure regulator. I alos have new soldered on injector clips. Edited by FLDSM88

Well the car used to backfire at 3k and I would never be able to get past 3k. I put a new tps new injectors and the back fire went away. Now it feels like it will not build boost or go past 4 to45k

If the FI clips are on backwards you would be running pig rich at idle.

How many pounds of boost does it start missing at 4K?

Have you pulled out and cleaned the fuel pump suction strainers and replaced the fuel filter in the engine house?

If the strainer(s) are partially clogged that could be the problem - fuel starvation. It may also be a good idea to pull the top of the TB off and check those strainers for stuff that shouldn't be there. They need to be squeeky clean.

If you have a fuel pressure test rig run the test IAW http://starquest.i-x.net/viewtopic.php?t=1...be41a0e0d0a69d3 Anyway review this topic - it is full of information by a guy who knows what he is talking about.

If you are going to pull the fuel pick up line in the tank, check the fuel tank sump for rust. If it's rusty you need to take it into a radiator shop and have it acid cleaned to remove the rust. Or you will be replacing/cleaning the suction strainers in a month or so.

Does the tubing from the fuel pressure regulator have any gas in it? If it does that could also be your problem. Suck and blow on the TB end of the tubing to see if the FPR diaphram is leaking or not.

For what it's worth.

KEN

Edited by Starfighterpilot

Yeah I am thinking the same thing. I tried sucking on it and I can hear it click,but it doesn't seem to hold. I have a brand new fuel filter, injectors, and I rebuilt the throttle body before I put it on the engine. I think I am just going to get rid of the distributer and do the EDIS.