head question?

hyselltech

hey guys it has been a long time since i have been on here i just got my ride running.I burnt number three piston and i just rebuilt the entire motor and i put the ajusa gasket on it but i was wondering if there is just a torque spec on the head bolts only or is there also a degree spec. The reason i ask is becuase i just tried to run it today and the head gasket is leaking internally and it is a new gasket and the head was milled and checked and the block was checked but not milled. any info will help.

No, this isn't one of the "modern" motors that use specs of angle turn for torque load.

Were the bolt holes completely clean and dry?

Where the threads in the block rusty or dirty?

Where the threads only of the bolts lightly oiled?

How did you clean the block deck off? Has the block ever been milled?

You using head bolts or ARP?

Is this a new or used head and what fasteners were used on it before?

The blocks if you aren't sure its been milled in the past are usually low in the center portion.

If its low in the middle, and it likely is, you can't expect it to seal much boost.

take a look at this link, it will show about the blocks and being low in the middle

http://www.b2600turbo.com/block_prep.htm

as soon as the car started it is mixing coolant and oil. I have taken the head to a machine shop and it was milled as well as the block went to machine shop and it was bored .20 over and they said that the block didnt need milled.i think when i torqued the head down the gasket moved and it is not sealing properly.It is a ajusa head gasket so if i remove it do you think that i can reuse if it is not damaged?thanks

My experience with ajusa was that once it failed to seal from not being properly retorqued after an initial heating phase, it would not reseal. I went back to the felpro. Much less tempermental IMO.