WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

BrazilBoy

135 in a 55 got me:

1. 10 days in jail

2. 6 points against my drivers license

3. 6 month suspension of my license

4. well over $1000 in fines and court costs

it was a MUST APPEAR ticket! no paying the ticket and moving on. that was maybe 15 years ago!

second most expensive: 80 in a 55 "construction zone"

1. fines we double cause of the construction zone (around $600)

2. the cop gave me a $180 window tinit ticket too

also a few years ago.

one thing i learned over the years, insurance is MUCH cheaper since i grew out of driving like that. i got my 3yr clean and clear discount on my insurance about two years ago. i pay about $35 a month insurance for two cars, back then i was paying $175 a MONTH.

tickets haunt you in more ways then one.

Edited by cyberquest

My last ticket was 17 years ago. 95 in a 55, but I talked the judge into beliving it was actulay 75 (basied on teh cops own lies). My actual speed was 110-115. the 95 was baised on pacing me even though he didnt catch up to me for over a mile, at which point I was only going 50. His false testimony about pacing me, and my slowing way down helped me greatly. Ended up only costing $150, but was supposed to be 400+ (about $700 in todays $$). IMHO You are gettign off easy at $300 for 80

Many tickets here...and only lucky once..

Was driving a work delivery van on the interstate and going with the flow of traffic (and it was flowing!) when all of the sudden we come to a truck weigh station(closed) and there are state trooper cars parked on either side of the highway and the troopers were standing in the road pointing at our cars and then pointing to the weigh station 'in ramp' (as if to say YOU, PULL OVER!) So we pull in, about 12 of us.

I was hauling about 200 car/truck batteries and the weight was severely over-loaded (BAD BAD) and upon pulling in the weigh station a rear tire gets a flat and begins clunking IMMEDIATELY because of the weight. I stop at the end of the 11 other cars and dig out my license/insurance and watch as the troopers start at the beginning of the row writing up tickets..

I am awaiting my turn for a ticket when suddenly a trooper walks up to my door and says ' you want help changing that flat? ' and I say 'oh sure' so I step out, and wait for him to ask for license/insurance (still in my hand) and he says 'you see all these people? we pulled 'em over...speed trap... we used a helicopter in the sky and used the white lines to tell how fast they were going... got 'em all' I reply ' Oh wow, that sucks for them! ' and he helps me change the flat tire, he even saw the pile of batteries when I opened the door, we changed the flat and off I went...driving right past the 11 other ticketed cars.

:hmm3grin2orange:

Many tickets here...and only lucky once..

Was driving a work delivery van on the interstate and going with the flow of traffic (and it was flowing!) when all of the sudden we come to a truck weigh station(closed) and there are state trooper cars parked on either side of the highway and the troopers were standing in the road pointing at our cars and then pointing to the weigh station 'in ramp' (as if to say YOU, PULL OVER!) So we pull in, about 12 of us.

I was hauling about 200 car/truck batteries and the weight was severely over-loaded (BAD BAD) and upon pulling in the weigh station a rear tire gets a flat and begins clunking IMMEDIATELY because of the weight. I stop at the end of the 11 other cars and dig out my license/insurance and watch as the troopers start at the beginning of the row writing up tickets..

I am awaiting my turn for a ticket when suddenly a trooper walks up to my door and says ' you want help changing that flat? ' and I say 'oh sure' so I step out, and wait for him to ask for license/insurance (still in my hand) and he says 'you see all these people? we pulled 'em over...speed trap... we used a helicopter in the sky and used the white lines to tell how fast they were going... got 'em all' I reply ' Oh wow, that sucks for them! ' and he helps me change the flat tire, he even saw the pile of batteries when I opened the door, we changed the flat and off I went...driving right past the 11 other ticketed cars.

:hmm3grin2orange:

:hmm3grin2orange: That is just pure awesome.

112 mph in a 55 zone on a lonely desert road heading to Laughlin, Nevada in the wee hours of the morning,only me a two NHP patrol cars on the road,got me real good,was many years ago,was very expensive. :sweatingitout:

back when i was younger i had the company superduty and cam trailer with a 1 ton roller 3 other guys and tools 150 galloon off road fuel tank and we were buzzin at 115mph in a 65mph playin leap frog with a hot chick in a merc cougar 2000 what a blas tnow i do the speed limit in the company truck. as i am a foreman of a 7 man crew and older and wiser Edited by mdbgracing

In 1989 I was driving down to see my kids from Sacramento to San Diego, CA. After crossing the Sierra Nevada Mtns on US 50, I headed South on US 395 . South of Red Mountain, 395 is straight as a arrow for about 25 miles across the California high desert to Four Corners. Speed limit was 65 MPH

It's about 3 AM, No, I mean absolutely no traffic. I'm the only swingin' d*** on the road. So I think WTH and I put the Starion on cruise control at 120 MPH. I go about 20 miles and all of a sudden the blinky lites come on WAY, WAY BACK behind the Star. So I slow down to 65 and when the cop got near I pulled off the road, handed the cop my license, registration and insurance card. I knew I was had!!

After I got the ticket for 117 in a 65 MPH zone, I asked the cop where he was at, cuz I did not see him. He just mumbled something like "I'll never tell."

On the way back North to Sac I went the same route, back up US 395 in the midst of a pack of cars doing 65MPH.

Just about where I first saw the cops blinky lites there were 2 parallel VERY OLD bill boards (the kind that start at ground level) on the East side of 395 with a well traveled path between the two of 'em. A bonified speed trap. The only bill boards, or anything for that matter, for that entire 25 mile stretch and no billboards all the way up to Lone Pine which is probably another 70 miles North.

That ticket cost me $1100.00 in 1989 money. :eek1bluegreen: Plus another $1000.00 in attorney's fees to keep my license and a days lost wages to go to court.

BS like that is why I left California.

For What It's Worth.

KEN

PS I wonder if those two bill boards are still there? They were real money makers!!!

PPS - CMA - I started thinking about what I had typed above and thought that I should add my belief about what was the Starquest's original design. I preach about not abusing and maintaining the Starquests, but I believe they were designed and built for high speed driving like that. Not for street racing, drag racing or drifting; unless a LOT of quality after market goodies are installed which enhances their ability to do driving like that without breaking stuff. But, that is my opinion.

Edited by Starfighterpilot

BrazilBoy, how fast were you trying to get to the other side of the island?

just kidding!

my high school graduation gift from a state trooper was a $150, for at 75 on a 55. that was about 15 yrs ago.

i was caught fishing without a license. i had just turned 16 and never got one. the fish and game drove up to me and asked for it. i told him i was 15 he said bulshiyt as hes looking up to me (im 6ft 4 in) lmao he ran my name and still didnt believe that i was 16.lol $260 50 bucks for lieing. beat it in court got off with the judge chuckling...lol

i decided one day after school to have my friend record a quick highspeed run on the freeway.. i hit about 115 and there goes a CHP on the other side of the freeway.. i kinda freaked out but kept going till i hit 130 the went back to 65.. luckily he never turned around

8 years ago I was young, stupid, the whole bit. I was racing a Mercedes down a hill. I hit about 133 and was about 6 car lengths ahead. I get to the looooong sweeping right hand corner at the bottom of the hill (mind you, gas pedal still pinned) and who do i fly past? Thats right, a TN State Trooper.

133 in a 40. He. Was. Pissed. I got a $1500 ticket, spent the weekend in jail, got MY DAD'S car impounded for 14 days and ended up paying another $1200 in court/lawyer costs. Needless to say my dad was fffuuuurrrrriiiooouuusss. I got a nice long asswhooping...IIRC, it lasted a month lol.

Last time I ever did that.

Roberto what were you thinking? Sux man. Sell some parts to pay for it. LOL

Greg I have nothing to sell. I found out since this was a first offense I can claim income hardship show them my bills versus my income and they will drop it down or let me make payments....

BrazilBoy, how fast were you trying to get to the other side of the island?

just kidding!

my high school graduation gift from a state trooper was a $150, for at 75 on a 55. that was about 15 yrs ago.

I was trying to see if I could spin the island......LOL