who runs juice

site

I was thinking there is someone who was runing nitrous oxide on a stock motor. am i thinking correctly?

Also anyone else runing it? on a fairly close to stock motor?

(wetkit)

im thinking about this http://www.zex.com/Pages/84/Turbo-Equipped.aspx

Edited by site

My comment was more because I don't believe in using nitrous on a stock motor. I think motors should be properly built for it prior to using it. Also, there are so many other things you can do to gain power instead of something that could blow your motor up easily.

My comment was more because I don't believe in using nitrous on a stock motor. I think motors should be properly built for it prior to using it. Also, there are so many other things you can do to gain power instead of something that could blow your motor up easily.

http://www.xceedspeed.com/forums/images/smilies/lies.gif

Go call a Wah-mbulance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Site, you can run nitrous on a stock motor just fine and you are already on the right track by running a wet shot. We already have a lack of fuel delivery so why throw a dry shot on there and make it worse. (I think Turbo_Addict is running a dry 35 shot through his MAS and was having luck with it.) Our internals are nitride hardended from the factory so the crystal structure of the metals can take the heat the oxidizer provides without failure. Something like a ford 5.0 doen't even ome close to the rockwell hardness of our pistons and valves.

That ZEX kit looks pretty good, and if you're willing to pay the money for it, you should be happy with the results. It does offer a "safety" buffer with the TPS monitor and boost limiting switch. The most important things to get though will be a fuel pressure swith (in case pressure drops) and a window switch. Both of these can be purchased from ZEX. The window switch will allow you to turn the nitrous on at a specified RPM point and shut it off at another. Be careful though, ZEX likes to throw in a lot of fluff in their descriptions of products when really you can get the same results from off-the-shelf parts.

Some key points:

-I wouldn't recommend running more than a 75 shot on a stock motor over 12psi.

-Never fire a nitrous system under 2K RPMs (I'd even say stay above 2500, choice is yours)

-Start small and progressively go with bigger shots until you are comfortable with the system

-Get a wideband

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I run a NX Mainline EFI kit. This is a wet kit with the basic essentials. My window swith is my foot, I don't have a fuel pressure switch and I don't shut my nitrous off during full boost. I've run a 50 shot in the car for 2 years (about 6-7 ten pound bottle worth) and I never blew a HG, bent a rod, burned a valve or piston, etc. I have detonated, overrevved and pressurized the coolant system with it. None of the latter had good results. It's all about doing your homework and asking questions. Look up nitrous backfires on YouTube and you'll see the bad part. Look up Nitrous camaro, or minivan or some random car make and you'll see the power that can be made.

MYTH BUSTER: NITROUS ALONE IS NOT FLAMMABLE! IT IS AN OXIDIZER AND NEEDS TO BE IN CONTACT WITH A FUEL SOURCE, OXYGEN AND IGNITION SOURCE TO IGNITE!

Any high school chemistry book will tell you the above. FNF will tell you otherwise.

See my write-up for help:

It's on the bottle.

And feel free to PM me with any questions.

Good luck. :D

P.S. My favorite quote when I first put the system on was, "It's like you're getting rear ended at 35mph."

Thats what I'm talking about.

I know nitrous is fine as long as it has been tuned. i have seen it ran on alot of stock motors and be just fine. I don't understand people who knock who have never tried it. its a power adder just like any other power adders. isn't that what its all about? adding more power? ether way thats what im going for. and i really don't care about all the bad talking about it. i have road in a car with a 150 shot. and let me tell ya, its like having your face hit with a bat.

But yea im not shooting big at first. im going to start with the smallest jet that kit comes with and work my way up. ill replace my main and rod bearings as well before i make the jump..

Thanks for all the input good or bad lol.

and ElkidminoLTU, you can be sure you will be getting some pms from me

also thanks for the input 4g64quest, i will be following you guys suggestions.

Plus,, its just bad @%% to see a car purge haha.

Guest Kenmarrow
Hey Dave... I will fill the bottle for your PF09 Burnouts... Oh and BTW my engine is almost stock and I use the bottle too.. I guess I should leave it alone... have fun be safe... Ken

Hey Dave... I will fill the bottle for your PF09 Burnouts... Oh and BTW my engine is almost stock and I use the bottle too.. I guess I should leave it alone... have fun be safe... Ken

aww man burnouts at PF09. now i REALLY have to go lol

also, im not worried about the baby bottle comments,, lol

Its all good :surferdude:

Edited by site

Here's all I got to say.......

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/9585/dsc00468j.jpg

Tim

lol if that's how its looked at by some so be it.

There will always be nitrous haters, but thats ok

just how 90% of people who own muscle cars say turbos are for sissies...

But its all good, to each his own

lol if that's how its looked at by some so be it.

There will always be nitrous haters, but thats ok

just how 90% of people who own muscle cars say turbos are for sissies...

But its all good, to each his own

Oh, come on, don't get pissy!

I'm just screwin' around!

Tim

Oh, come on, don't get pissy!

I'm just screwin' around!

Tim

No way dude. SQC is a big ole familly man. i know its all about laughs lol

I have read some of your post, i know your a cool dude.

Im not pissy i promise lol

I dont take nothing yall say to heart. unless its good advice

I dont know you tim. but i love you HAHAHA

I saw something like this happen to a built to the hilt, Acura Integra :)

this obviously not being one...but, you get the point.

http://www.skidmarkracing.net/photos/rightside.jpg

that was enough to scare me away from it.

I look at it like this. I have seen more positives out of nitrous then i have negatives. anything can cause a motor to blow up. you can have a built to the gills motor and still not guarantee something catastrophic wont happen.. there could have been a few reasons why that happen...

But i think its all personal opinion. some like it some don't.

I will admit tho, that is a crazy lookin pic

Luckily i have an extra block. and a understanding wife. if something bad happens, i will have learned my lesson.

until that day comes its full speed ahead with the nitrous plan..

again, thanks for all the replies fellas

I saw something like this happen to a built to the hilt, Acura Integra :)

this obviously not being one...but, you get the point.

http://www.skidmarkracing.net/photos/rightside.jpg

that was enough to scare me away from it.

I believe the guys at Skunk2 Racing refer to this process as "windowing". If it happen often enough for a race team to come up with a term just for that problem, it MAY not be the spray.

Tim

It all depends on how much your willing to spend.....the more you spend the safer it is....

you can buy a kit with nothing to activate it but a button like fast and the furious lol....but then youd have to watch your rpms, and when you engage it...then shift and watch your rpms again, make sure your at WOT.......and probably end up blowing up your stuff

first is to make sure you fuel pump can produce a good flow w/o hesitation (theres a write up on how to do this....its good even if you dont have n02)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to me the MINIMUM someone using wet kit nitrous should have are:

1: the essentials of course (bottle, lines, solenoids,master switch)

2: a fuel pressure switch ($30) wich will cut off all power to the nitrous if fuel pressure drops below a certain psi (usually 40)

3: a WOT switch mounted to either your foot pedal or your throttle body.

4: and a saftey blow down tube (stock valves usually have burst disks but a blow down tube will rout all that no2 out the car if the disk were to burst)

with items 2 and 3 you only have to watch your rpms to make sure you dont engage at two low a rpm.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if it were me..... id make a super safe system w/o an exspensive nitrous programer that costs 400 bux

1: the essentials of course

2: the pressure cut off switch

3: WOT switch

4: pressure gauge (not REALLY needed but u can make sure your your running at optimum pressure and if its really hot you can keep your burst disk from blowing off and loosing all your no2...just get one lol)

5: an rpm window switch....this is probably the BEST thing to keep you from blowing up your motor....with this piece you can floor it from the launch (activating the WOT switch) but the nitrous WILL NOT activate until you reach your desired rpm. its alittle pricey (bout $150) but will definatley be worth it once you see how much LESS your thinking about and how safe things are when using your nitrous.

with these things you can run a virtually fail-safe nitrous system and not have to worry about anything but shifting before you hit that redline!!!!

of course make sure everything on your car is tuned right....pull a little bit of timing at first...run a low shot..and work your way up.

my cousin ran this on a STOCK BOTTOM END (4 banger) of a ford focus ZX3.....not with a 35 shot...not with a 50 shot....not even with a 100 shot.....but an OUTRAGEOUS amount of 150 shot (ran low 12s with bolt ons and that 150shot, N/A motor to)

.....its all in the fuel and tuning....

honestly you have to be EXTREMELY reckless to blow up a motor with a 35 shot. jus watch what you are doing, take your time, and youll have a car sooo fun to drive youll be spending all your money on Smack to fill up that bottle!!!!!!!

o and did i mention turbo lag is GONE....NONE AT ALL.....any size Mitsu turbo will instantly spool under the spray (not sure about a 35 but a 50 for sure)

All that stuff mentioned above comes in the kit i'm going to go with. there is a link to all the componets of the kit in my first post, but yea your dead on with the things you need for a safe spray,

JOOS EINT GOT NUFFIN ON VTECH!!! I LUV DAT U STARFARTAAAAZ NEID NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS EN ORDA 2 BEET UDDER CAHZ!!!

BWWWWAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAAAHAHHAHHAHAHA!

I hope you arn't serious.. lol

Edited by BlowinUp54B's

All that stuff mentioned above comes in the kit i'm going to go with. there is a link to all the componets of the kit in my first post, but yea your dead on with the things you need for a safe spray,

why does it shut off the nitrous after the turbo spools up.....unless you have a gigantic turbo....you should get rid of that feature....with a little 12a or even a 16g or 19c .... your nitrous will be clicking on and off and only be spraying for maybe a second.....thats seems impractical to me....and especially with a 12a...when it spools up and the no2 shuts off itll feel like the car is falling on its face because the turbo cant put out the torque that the no2 does

am i confusing you?

you should just run it for constant spay as long as your foot is in the pedal....and when you lift it itll shut off (the tps switch)

and id still get an rpm window switch as another fail safe

i love ZEX kits because there kits virtually come with mini nitrous programers.....NX kits are great to

NOS is kind of outdated to me....although a nitrous system is simple....NOS kits always seem to come with the lower / high quality products...if you know what i mean.

post pix wen you get it set up tho