The Colonel has snapped

Star_V8_Quest

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090414/ap_on_...grilled_chicken

Mother of god....holy crap.

Can't a man get some damn fried chicken and not some pansy,bellbottom hippie,treeloving grilled chicken.

I see the stocks at KFC going Down.

What's next....a grilled Big mac.?

Fried food isn't good for you. That is why so many people that eat it have heart problems. Most of the chicken eaten in my house is either grilled or baked. Clog your arteries if you want, I'll stay away from fried food.

Jimmy

Fried food isn't good for you. That is why so many people that eat it have heart problems. Most of the chicken eaten in my house is either grilled or baked. Clog your arteries if you want, I'll stay away from fried food.

Jimmy

Not so sure jimmy.

isn't that why they keep changing the grease etc in every place u see now?

and I have great genetics...more bthan likely i will die and old man in my sleep.

but my point,KFC,IMO,Will be back to "fried" chicken within 6 months.

Noone wants grilled....that's what the fast food places serve.Have u ever seen how many fied chicken places there are?and KFC is going to give that revenue up to POPEYES?Churches? and what ever the other ones are?

The colonel just rolled over in his grave. :hmm3grin2orange:

Jimmy

Technically, that's not quite true. Alton Brown from Good Eats explained it like this - frying foods is perfectly healthy, IF it is done correctly. First, you need the proper oil. From there it has to be at the right temp and you have to time it just right. Basically frying food you're frying out the water, at a certain point where almost all the water is out you stop. Most people/restaurants do not do this - the water is out, and science happens, where oil gets absorbed into the food product. Honestly it's improper frying that causes unhealthy people ( this being those that fry at home ).

Anyways - KFC is declining in popularity because the quality of food just kind of sucks. I have a Taco Bell/KFC next to my neighborhood, and I will always choose TB over KFC simply over how it tastes.

Edited by Fanta

Not so sure jimmy.

isn't that why they keep changing the grease etc in every place u see now?

and I have great genetics...more bthan likely i will die and old man in my sleep.

but my point,KFC,IMO,Will be back to "fried" chicken within 6 months.

Noone wants grilled....that's what the fast food places serve.Have u ever seen how many fied chicken places there are?and KFC is going to give that revenue up to POPEYES?Churches? and what ever the other ones are?

The colonel just rolled over in his grave. :hmm3grin2orange:

They are not going away from the fried chicken, they are only adding the choice of grilled chicken.

I will probably try the grilled but I will probably stick with the fried.

Technically, that's not quite true. Alton Brown from Good Eats explained it like this - frying foods is perfectly healthy, IF it is done correctly. First, you need the proper oil. From there it has to be at the right temp and you have to time it just right. Basically frying food you're frying out the water, at a certain point where almost all the water is out you stop. Most people/restaurants do not do this - the water is out, and science happens, where oil gets absorbed into the food product. Honestly it's improper frying that causes unhealthy people ( this being those that fry at home ).

Anyways - KFC is declining in popularity because the quality of food just kind of sucks. I have a Taco Bell/KFC next to my neighborhood, and I will always choose TB over KFC simply over how it tastes.

Taco bell is one of the most useless POS ever built.

If you need to take a crap,go to Taco Bell..lol

They are not going away from the fried chicken, they are only adding the choice of grilled chicken.

I will probably try the grilled but I will probably stick with the fried.

I know.what i meant was when they would be back to fried chickne,i meant without the grilled.

They jumped on this to late I think.