255lph Walbro fuel pump

Well ladies and gentlemen I've been doing some research and have found that some of the higher output pumps made by Carter (Federal MOgul) are really Walbro pumps . The P72131 comes in a Carter box but has the Walbro stamp on the pump with part #GSL392 which in the Carter book only flows 55gph with a cut off psi of 190 . I called Walbro and they said that pump flows 255lph which is alot . I ordered one in and it is an inline pump with a 1/2" inlet and a banjo nipple on the outlet . The stock banjo fitting can be mounted on it you just can't use the pulse fitting on the end . A standard 10mx1.0m nut with the brass washers should hold the pressure. I'm putting a 1/2" nipple on the outlet since I'm running -08 stainless steelbraided fuel line .

Peace Geo

• 2 weeks later...

I can get them for 149.00 with a lifetime warranty but the you would have to order a fitting to match your fuel line . I'm running -08 (1/2") fuel line . It comes with a 1/2" inlet and banjo fitting for the outlet . The size is the same as ours maybe 1/2" smaller in diameter otherwise the same . That web sight lists different fittings I believe the 10mm will fit the stock line..

Peace Geo

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

sorry i know this post is hella old but this fuelpump thing ie really getting to me

Fuel Pump (OE Electric In-Line Type)

Pressure Rating: 95

Gallons Per Hour: 68-93

THATS 257-352lph !!!!!!!!

http://partimages.genpt.com/partimages/169926.jpg

"NAPA"

whats wrong with our stock pump?

The GSL 392 is $127 shipped with the kit that is compatible with our cars is at www.autoperformanceengineering.com  like someone already said.  You have to type in StarQuest under the promotion code when you buy.

on the walbro website they have flow graphs for the pump.As to visible size difference the 255 for the dsm is a smaller in tank style, but size in the case doesn;t matter. My buddie has a holley pump that looks just like my walbro. Per the rep from walbro the pumps are bought from a main manufacturer that many companys use but are built internally different. Our stock pumps don't flow nearly enough volume than the walbro pump. I have the 255 in my quest and it moves fuel like water out of a firehose. also the turbo or supercharged cougers used the same fuel pump as ours stock. Not sur of year though.

wait... you said some interesting things but im not talking about the "gsl 392" im talking about our stock pump flowing 352lph

and 860QuestTuner what are you talking about? did you read what you wrote before you posted it ?

oh and walbro supplies pumps to napa. that's what most of there replacement pumps are

What ?our replacement pump at napa are not walbro, I didn't say that. The stock pump will not provide enough volume for high boost/high power period. If you are staying with stock turbo and light mods keep the stock pump. It doesn't flow what you say,I have flow tested a stock pump in person. Anyway I was saying that most aftermarket fuel pump parts are made by one manufacturer and built/moded by another,thats why so many look alike-as stated in an earlyer post.

I believe the pressure rating for the walbro is 150 psi max, Oh and if you were wondering I did destroy my stock pump overworking it. I was't saying the stock pump was bad,they have been lasting like 15 years in some cars. They don't meet demand of a higher output fuel system.

ok im not going to go on anymore about the stock pump till i can go get some real #s from it. im just going off what was listed in the book for this pump when i worked at napa and i looked it up. i also looked up pumps for justabout everything under the sun ( supra, 300zx, some older porsches and even a bunch of puckup trucks! ) and they all had the same specs as shown everywhere online.  so why would they lie about our pump?

and the otherthing i was saying is that napa replacement pumps for the most part ARE walbro pumps. well atleast at my store 85 out of 100 had the walbro logo stamped on them

yeah i dont know what a 392-gsl is

that pic is a P70199 napa pump its $140. they also sell a lowerpriced one the 2P70199 for $89 . i worked there so i got my pump for like $50

The reason I asked, is 'cause I went and bought one @ Napa w/the 2p part# and it had walbro 392 stamped on it and it looks EXACTLY like that one, for $89.95+tx., but I was told by someone here that it COULDN'T be (he's only a 1000mi. away in N.M.!) a walbro @ that price.  Maybe NOW he'll learn to S.T.F.U. when someone else finds a good deal!! Props, and thanks!!

i dont know what my pump said on it    but it to "moves fuel like water out of a firehose"

im doing some work on my fuelsystem soon ill haveto flow test the pump and see what its all really about

The reason I asked, is 'cause I went and bought one @ Napa w/the 2p part# and it had walbro 392 stamped on it and it looks EXACTLY like that one, for $89.95+tx., but I was told by someone here that it COULDN'T be (he's only a 1000mi. away in N.M.!) a walbro @ that price.  Maybe NOW he'll learn to S.T.F.U. when someone else finds a good deal!! Props, and thanks!!

You found one at your Napa that was right.  Other people went to Napa with the same part number and got a Master FP.  I honestly think you got lucky man.  One of 2 things happened either you got the wrong one or the other guys did.  Either way the Napa guys need to stick to one pump (EVERYWHERE), and I hope it will be the real GSL 392 because that is a sweet a** price.

Prtaick

My FP (392) really did flow like a firehose LOL.  It's nuts.  Just put a hose in some water and hook it up and check out how much water comes out.