Cam Im testing

Dcrasta

Wow I feel bad starting this tread and not keeping it up to date.. latest news..

Cam passed emissions.  I retarded my ignition timing , new plugs, opened my 1gen mas bypass screw up to 2/3 open and went through again and passed.

Once I added my Fuel pressure gauge I determined that my fuel pressure is falling (failing / weak pump.)  Im not going to dyno my car with a weak pump. I am ordering the walborg 392 this week so I can baseline the car before the MPI install.. It is running so nice right now I dont want to touch it   ;D

Thanx Jason.

Yep it is a PDX cam and i will be back on the boards daily starting tuesday.

I am off tomorrow and need to get the 85.5 up for sale.

Can you send me some more info.  I may be interested,

jwhinerman@comcast.net

did you try to throw some alcohol in the tank?

I've seen some utter trainwrecks for lack of emmissions pass with some 99.9% Alcohol, or a lot of those heet cans...run it lean...put in 2 primary injectors then swap them down the road... LOL!

Works as somewhat of a cleaner also. But it is also known to dry out the rubber seals in the fuel system.  And that could clog up the injection system.  We used to use moth balls in the old carb engines. ;D

The moth ball trick isn't good any more.  Moth balls aren't made like they used to be.  They used to contain a chemical (Napthalene, maybe ???) that raised the octane.  Newer ones are more environmentally friendly and are made from different stuff.

ADAM

The moth ball trick isn't good any more.  Moth balls aren't made like they used to be.  They used to contain a chemical (Napthalene, maybe ???) that raised the octane.  Newer ones are more environmentally friendly and are made from different stuff.

ADAM

Here in MN, at fleet farm and places like that, they sell them right next to the new ones.

I can't wait to see the dyno numbers!  Keep us posted.